Chapter 59

'Bell...' Artemis smiled to herself as she rested in his chest. Though her arms ached with small amounts of pain, her heart fluttered with butterflies. She could hear his heart beating gently in her ear. It was calm and steady which made her happy. His arms curled around her tightly holding her in a way she could only describe as making her feel safe and it only made her smile more.

How she wished she could return the gesture, how she wished she could wrap her arms around him and finish the connection between them.

But all she could do was lay there and relax. She closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep. Too relax into her dreams.

...

"Artemis!" Bell called out to her as he ran towards her, a huge smile on his face.

She stood over Laurous. She had beaten him like she knew she would. Winning the wargame for Hestia and Bell.

"Bell!" She smiled, running into his arms embracing him the speed at which she jumped into his arms caused them both to fall back landing on the sandy floor of the colosseum floor.

"Artemis you won!" He cried tightly, hugging her and pulling her down into his chest.

She cried tears of joy. She nuzzled her face into his chest and cried.

He smiled his hand running through her hair as he comforted her.

The world around them seemed to disappear as she lifted her head. Teary-eyed, she smiled. "We won Bell..." She gripped his side. "We won."

They went silent, the pair staring at one another, her mind screaming. 'Do it. You want this!'

So she couldn't help herself, pulling him into her lips the two sharing their first kiss in full view of an entire arena.

She was happy. The virgin goddess was accepted, she was alive, she... she was in love.

She knew it was all a dream. She had lost, humiliated and beaten a second time by that wretched man. She hated herself for losing and forgetting herself in the situation she was in now.

Her dream shifted to the bathroom. She blushed, realising he was holding her naked frame as he washed her. She hated the idea of men seeing her naked. But Bell was the exception, as she let him see and touch her. The longer it went on the more she enjoyed it. And in the end, without realising it at the time, she had kissed him.

Her dreams continued off where she could not. Moans as he explored her body. His hands grabbed her ass and pulled her closer. His lips pushed into hers as she wrapped around him.

She wished it would continue. She hoped to explore it more, but she heard it. A giggle not of her own.

...

Tiona and Aiz returned much later to find the house empty. Or at least that's what they thought. All the lights were off and not a sound to be heard for miles.

"You think they all went out?" Tiona looked at the sword princess who shrugged.

"Maybe..." She removed her shoes and went upstairs to the bathroom. Tiona rushed to the kitchen, determined to finish off her leftovers. Only to find someone else had beaten her to it.

"What!" She cried, slamming the door shut. "When I find out who it was I'll make them pay!" A red Aura formed around her, but quickly faded as she grabbed an apple instead.

As she ate she walked to the front room, hearing Aiz grumble to herself as she walked down the stairs to join her. Tiona turned to enter the front room only to stop in her tracks blocking the doorway and dropping her half-eaten apple.