chapter 19

Hestia walked in the front door proclaiming her return. "I'M BACK".

"Bell, Artemis I'm back."

Hestia soon noticed Bell laid out on a bench.

'Hmm strange why isn't Artemis with him?'

"Hey, Bell sorry I've been gone so long how has she been?"

Hestia had seen them getting on earlier that day, but now she was curious.

"I don't know though, I don't think she's currently too happy with me."

Bell muttered the last part, but Hestia had heard him.

"Why would she not be happy with you? What did you do, Bell?"

Bell turned his face away from hers trying to avoid the redness from his face.

"I'm sure she'll let you know..."

Bell trailed off into silence, he felt tired all of a sudden and laid down to relax now that Hestia was back he contemplated going out to get something's.

"Well stay there until I've talked with her, then well discuss what I have to tell you."

'There goes, going out as an option.'

Bell sighed and went back to closing his eyes.

Hestia meanwhile made her way to the stairs and made her way downstairs.

...

She opened the door to the downstairs to find Artemis leaning against her arm. Her face was one she seen many times before.

"What did he do?"

Artemis turned her gaze to the door, surprised to see Hestia standing at the there.

"Hello, Hestia sorry I didn't realise you got back what was it you were saying?"

Hestia smiled at her before joining her at the table.

"Come on, tell me what he did?"

Artemis looked at her friend with a confused look but shook her head.

"It's nothing to concern yourself with."

Artemis wasn't sure what Hestia wanted to hear.

'No doubt she's already heard the story from him so what's the point in explaining it?'

Hestia looked at her again this time with a knowing glare.

"It's nothing Hestia."

She spoke in a much louder and firm tone, trying to get the point across.

'Why isn't she telling me, it's not like she's never told me anything in the past.'

'Could it be that she's embarrassed?'

Hestia felt a smile creeping onto her face as she realised why she needed to avoid the question. She was trying to keep a straight face while holding back her laughter.

"Come on how long have we known each other? I know when your trying to avoid something."

Artemis remained silent and looked away from her friend.

"Artemis you can tell me?"

She shook her head again. "Its nothing okay? If you want to know ask that child of yours."

"Ohhh so it involves Bell well that changes things! Come on what happened?"

Artemis kicked herself for mentioning him.