Self-doubt

Bell made his way back to camp. His pace had all but come to a halt as he continued to worry. Everything from ignoring her to not even understanding her feelings on the matter. He felt like an asshole for not even thinking about it. Her friend just died and he put his feelings above hers. His goddess how just lost one of the few people close to her.  He was so caught up in his own problems that he never thought what she might be going through. The faint from the camp came into view. Even though he was still some distance he felt a faint wave of heat and recognized it as the fire in the middle of the camp. Suddenly he came to a complete stop he knew it was only going to end in one of two scenarios. He looked to the floor he couldn't face her now after everything that's happened how could he. He was afraid. Afraid to face her the own person he who believed in him and gave him the hope he needs to get this far. To give him the will to stand up and carry on the fight. she never gave up on him even when he just wanted to give up. He throws his hands over his face. Both the feelings of loss and regret started to take over.

"She must really hate me."

"Of course she does, you killed her best friend."

Bell felt a chill run down his spine. He shivered before slowly turning around. The long-reaching darkness covered the area behind him. He squinted to try and see who spoke but there was no one there. He reached for his knife, looking around his mind racing. What was it someone or something, a monster perhaps?

"The only monster I see here is you.".

"WHERE ARE YOU?"

Bell shouted out. He was confused the voice seemed to come so clearly from behind him. But everytime he turned around he found nothing only him.

"Yes, only you. You the monster".

Bell froze up. He stood in place as he realised the voice was very familiar to him.But he didnt know why.  He listened to the taunts trying to deduces how it was. He soon came to the horrifying relisation as he turned around to see himself. He looked on in horror which caused him to drop his knife. He moved back when he saw a younger happier version of himself smiling back at him. However, what frightened him the most was his eyes empty and devoid of life.

"The Argonaut, little rookie and now the Orion. So many titles and yet, in reality, what do any of them mean? Little rookie yeah that's right your still that little boy from back then. Weak! Useless! Unable to save or help anyone!"

It went from calm and happy tones to harsh shouting. Taunting him at ever attempt.

"The Argonaut the one who wants to be a hero and yet what heroic deeds have you really done? Does it give you pride to hide behind a false title? Do you hide the truth that your no hero? When the time came to prove yourself what did you do? You failed to save someone in pain!."

Bell shock his head and covering his ears in an attempt to deafen the voice. Why was this happening why was he talking to himself? Why was it taunting him and bring up these questions? He couldnt just stand and take this. He had to retaliate.

" Titles that others gave me I never asked to be called them. I don't hide behind any of them they mean nothing to me. I only want to help those not hide behind their shadows!"

The figure laughed aloud as if it just heard a funny joke.

"Haha lie to yourself all you want but tell what about The Orion are you saying she was wrong to choose you?"

Bell looked confused when he found the shadow laughing but he didn't understand what he found funny. But the moment the topic turned to him being the Orion he felt a huge pain in his chest. He knew why, it was because he failed.He failed to keep his promise.The failure to protect her.