Chapter 41

It was a strange evening. All around the people of Orario watched as the smoke and fire rose high into the air. All the while they wondered what was going on. But as Apollo and his Familia walked the streets all knew what was about to happen. Apollo had done what he set out to achieve and he stood proudly in front of the guild.

"Here me! All who would listen. Hestia has accepted the Wargame, informed the gods, and made preparations for an emergency denatus!"

It was a spectacle unlike any other. Some cheered and clapped, praising him others stood and watched from afar worried about the outcome such a declaration could bring.

One of these people was Eina and she watched from the inside the guild looking out at the street. Her fellow workers stood at her side. One of them, a pink-haired girl, stood directly beside her.

"I'm afraid Bell's in a lot of trouble this time..."

Eina sighed in defeat. She admired the white-haired boy. It had been a week since she last saw him and even then it was in passing... He looked terrible, the guild issued a hush order on the boy's quest even before he returned. That order still remained in place.

"Bell..."

......

Hermes and Asfi were nearby when they saw the explosion, Hermes was confused just as much as Asfi at the time, but when they realised the direction it had come from and sightings of Apollo Familia in the distance he rushed forward worried.

"Damn Apollo, he really didn't wait did he!"

He and Asfi turned a corner, at first Hermes were glad to that they were all safe. But as he turned to see the burning wreckage of their home that all changed. Asfi took a step back in shock.

"Lord Hermes... surely... surely the guild wouldn't allow such a thing to go unpunished?!"
Hermes sighed lowering his head.

"Quite the opposite, they probably allowed it."

"Why would they do such a thing!"

Hermes looked at Hestia, the tears in her eyes, then at Bell the rage in his and finally, Artemis who looked at the two closest too her with sorrow.

"Because Apollo just so happens to pay a great sum of money to the guild... No doubt the guild head is biased in his favour!"
He leaned his head back against the wall and sighed.

"Even though we saved them, they already have forgotten... The guilds hush order has left people blind to the truth... Most believe Freya or Loki saved them, and why shouldn't they believe it, the guilds to foremost pillars!"

Asfi could see her gods angered expression, he didn't normally show it, but she knew more than anyone that he was worried.

"Come on let's go help them. If nothing else that's the least we can do now..."

Asfi nodded and walked forward alongside her god as they appeared from the alley. He didn't bother to put on an act or try to lighten the mood with a joke. Instead, he stood beside them and waited.

Bell and Hestia had noticed him heading this way, but they did not greet him they were unsure about what to even say to him. So the just sat in the dirt, quiet. Artemis didn't care much for Hermes but she could see by his look he was sorry for them. She decided to move closer to Bell allowing him to stand next to Hestia.

Hermes saw Hephaestus holding her child in her arms, blood staining her white shirt, the injuries on the poor boy were numerous. He turned to Asfi.

"Help him..."

She didn't say anything instead she just made her way over pulling out a couple of small vials. As she aided Welf Hermes knelt down next to the small goddess. He took of his hat and sighed.