Chapter 33

Artemis slowly made her way downstairs. Her talk with Hestia had been a nice change. She was never going to get used to her friends teasing, but she did have a good point. Like it or not she was getting used to the boy. Her mind was conflicted while her body had simply enjoyed it.

'He's been so kind to me. This is the second time I've questioned him, thinking he had some ulterior motive.'

She only had to look at her bow to smile. It was nice to have one again, even if she wasn't going to use it for a while. But the other reason for her smile was how she got it. However, before she could recall the events, she had reached the door.

'I wonder if he'll be upset with me? No, Hestia didn't give me any reasons to think that...' She placed a hand on the handle but stopped.

'Just go in and apologise, it's simple...' she kept telling herself this, but she couldn't put those thoughts into action.

Letting go of the handle she stepped back. Doubt started to set in.

"What if he doesn't forgive me? What if he sees me differently... I just ignored him for no reason..."

She was about to head back upstairs and wait till later. But a sound from the other side of the door caused her to jump. A light now shined in the dark stairwell, the faint warmth from the room fought the cold away. She was looking at the floor, but she realised that he was standing in front of her.

Silence...

"B-Bell I'm..."

She didn't raise her head. Part of her couldn't. The other part wanted to look up and express herself. It was hard, hard to admit she was wrong, that a boy could cause such conflict.

"I'm sorry"

"Huh?"

She threw her head up and looked at the boy that had dropped his head to his knees. She stood confused, unsure why on earth he was apologising to her. It was her that should be apologising.

'Did Hestia not tell him... Surely he doesn't still think that he's caused this, does he?'

Bell just stood with his head down and waited for her to speak. He couldn't help but take some responsibility for his actions. She was still getting used to her new circumstances, moreover she was still getting used to him and vice versa. However, she remained silent and he decided to continue.

"I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable or useless at times today. It wasn't my intention, I-I..."

He wasn't sure how to continue. He knew what he wanted to say, he was just worried about her well being. However, his previous actions had him doubting that. He enjoyed her touch and smile. He wanted to keep her safe but he forgot that it wasn't needed in that situation.

He raised his head a little. "I should have realized you can handle yourself, I know the frustration of not being able to do anything or not being allowed to. Also, I'm sorry for holding your hand before, I know you don't like being touched..."

He had said what he wanted to say. The fact she didn't say anything just made it all the worse. He was prepared to head back in and spend the night being ignored. But when a warm touch grasped his hand, he stopped. That warmth then wrapped itself around it. He looked and realised it was Artemis stopping his hand from moving.

"Idiot..."

She said her voice was a mixture of sad and joyful. Dropping her bow as she pulled the boys towards her and brought him closer. His eyes widened as she brought him into a hug. Her actions weren't of her mind's decision, no it was her body. It moved on its own. It shivered the moment he got close, yet it settled down as his warmth hit her. Her mind was crying out for her to let go. But for the first time in probably forever she ignored it.