Chapter 13

Despite the previous threat disappeared both Aiz and Ryu were still on guard. Whoever this new person was could still be a threat. Ryu moved to help Aiz seeing that her leg had been injured in the fight.

"We got to make sure bells ok. However, we need to be careful this person could be trouble". Ryu spoke in a whisper she was badly beaten up but not as badly as Aiz without proper caution they might not make it.

Aiz could barely walk on her own. Her leg was in tremendous pain and she was finding it hard to breathe but she agreed with the elf that it's wasn't a time to relax. She turned to look at Bell how seemed to have passed out. She needed to get him help.

Ryu helped Aiz to her feet however she could see the constant pain she was in. There was no way she was going to be able to fight. Ryu wasn't in much better shape while she could still move she couldn't use her magic. She prayed to the gods that this wasn't a threat.

"We owe you our thanks, you saved not only our lives but that of our friend as well." Ryu looked at the hooded figure curious to see her thanks completely ignored. Perhaps they didn't hear her.

The two moved closer however upon doing so the person turned towards them. Drawing the bow back and aiming it at the two. Two arrows were aimed directly at them Ryu stopped moving and held her hand up.

"Please don't we don't want to fight you. We only want to help our friend." Ryu was on edge one wrong move and it was over for the both of them.

"Forgive me I wasn't sure who it was." The person apologised women her voice was calm, stern but somehow a slight cheeriness to it. But that wasn't what stomped Ryu.

Ryu has heard that voice before.

"Who are you"? Aiz spoke up not as calm as Ryu she wasn't going to relax until got the proper help. Bells safety was her main priority.

The figure dropped the hood revealing her face to the two. While Aiz was waiting for a response Ryu took a step back getting her a confused look from Aiz. It was so unlike the elf she seemed calm and cool a moment ago now she seemed taken aback by this women's appearance. Just who was this women? Nothing about her stood out to Aiz. Besides being quite beautiful she seemed like any other adventure.

At the same time, Ryu just stood in shock. She couldn't believe her eyes, the events of recent had been troubling her as of late however she never forgets a face and now she understands why she recognised her voice.

"It can't be. It's not possible. I saw you die I watched you fade into nothing." Ryus voice was trembling at this point her mind was finding it hard to process the information.

"Ryu who is this person?" Ais was curious at this point whoever she is she was someone Ryu knew. But more then anything that did she mean saw her die?

"Sword princess you may have heard this name before but this is the Goddess Artemis."

Aiz eyes widened at the name. 'So this is the goddess that bell failed to save'.

"Now is not the time for introductions we need to get him to a healer"

...

It wasn't long before Bell woke up. His body was completely in pain. He could barely move his muscles and was just able to move his head. Despite this, he got a feel for where he was. He knew the room and could hear the many voices below him. He was in the hostess of fertility. Damn this was the second time now he had been saved he clearly remembered Aiz and Ryu coming to his aid.

"Damn it she saved my ass again." The thought of being saved by Aiz left a sour taste in his mouth. However, he remembered a hooded fugue just before he passed out. However, that was all he could remember but he knew he was going to have to thank Aiz and Ryu properly and he still wanted to speak with Aiz privately.