chapter-23

The streets of Orario had finally calmed somewhat after the most recent events. New rumours of an attack on the Freya Familia soon started to spread, but they were quickly debunked.

"Hmmm, Freya this time, huh?"

The hostesses staff were a buzz as the information reached them not only moments before.

"I heard Ottar got into a fight with one of them. No surprise that they didn't last long against him."

Chloe and Anya were setting up for the evening rush but had slowed down due to the juicy topic.

"You two best not be slacking!" Mama Mia shouted from the backroom, she might not be able to see them, but she knew when work wasn't getting done.

"What that's the second attack this week, not to mention on the two biggest Familia's. At least let us take a moment to discuss it?"

The two knew better than to push their luck, but any excuse to stop working was better than none.

Between the current conversation of the two cats, another was taking place at the main bar.

Syr and Ryuu were trying to entertain a less than enthusiastic Aiz that sat pushing around the food they brought her.

"It's okay Aiz cheer up. You should know better than anyone that they're a resilient bunch. They'll turn up in no time." Syr's optimism wasn't helping the situation.

"Syr perhaps we should try a different approach she hasn't left the Hostess since the incident with Bell. Perhaps a walk or something?"

Ryu understood losing an entire Familia, but she took out her rage, and it put her in this situation.

'She's holding all that stress back, and it's affecting her.'

"Perhaps what do you say Aiz?"

Aiz wasn't paying any attention to them. Her mind was ablaze with questions.

'Surely someone should have been spotted? Finn, Riveria, Tione or Tiona they were either in the dungeon or out of Orario but nothing.'

She finally gave up playing with her food, pushing it to the side.

'Also this happened because I was too worried about him...'

Aiz pictured the small white-haired boy.

'What if I had stayed? Would things have gone differently? Would I have met a similar fate?'

"Hey, Aiz?"

'But I couldn't have any idea and besides Loki said I should...'

A sudden shock went through her as she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned only to see Syr with a concerning look.

"You were spacing out just now. Are you sure your okay?"

Aiz was still taken aback. But she couldn't deny that she wasn't herself and it was showing. She took a deep breath and nodded.

"I'm fine... it's just... there's a lot on my mind." Her response was less than convincing.

"Well, perhaps a change in scenery will do you some good. You haven't left the Hostess in a few days."

Syr pointed this out, and she wasn't wrong. Ryu gave the nod in agreement.

"Perhaps I could get out."

The words barely left her mouth before Syr clapped her hands together and turned for the back room.

"Great, come on Ryu. Mama were taking Aiz for a walk. We'll be back before it gets busy!"