Chapter 48

The situation couldn't be, couldn't get any worse. Stuck in a room with the person you were trying to avoid all day. Worst of all was they were being forced to confront one another over it. Both were feeling the same thing. A heavy heart and dread and it all came about with the uncomfortable silence between them. They even avoided eye contact out of sheer embarrassment. Each wondering how the hell they got into this situation.

For Artemis, it was stupidity and not realising sooner that Mikoto was acting strangely though she barely knew her so it would have been hard to even know how she normally acts. The moment she saw Bell in front of her she froze up unable to react as she was caught in a trap. It had been half an hour or so since she got locked in. She knew this because she had been keeping count in her head as a way to distract her from the big problem.

Bell meanwhile was trying to come up with a way out of this situation. He was already uncomfortable after talking with Welf, who obviously planned this from the very start. His heartbeat quickened from time to time when he noticed subtle sounds coming from the girl as she hummed to herself. It was distracting to the point that he'd stop thinking and secretly listen to her, unsure why she was doing it in the first place. It annoyed him because he wanted to hear words coming out her mouth and he kicked himself for not being man enough to apologise.

'One time I could do with some different company or a voice to distract me and that old bastard decides to remain quiet! Seriously does he just enjoy watching me suffer or something...'

He looked to the window, part of him thought about jumping out and making a run for it. However, if Mia found out he'd be in a body cast for a while. It was the reason he hadn't broken down the door and punched Welf in the gut.

'Does he think this will help? Ugh, I told him out of confidence and this is what I get...'

Part of him dreaded the idea of sneaking a glance at her, though he had an itch he couldn't scratch and that small part of him just wanted to look at her for a moment, like he would be able to calm himself. That small part of him was winning him over and with a large gulp, he slowly turned around. His eyes caught the faint strands of blue hair running down her back, He had gotten used to seeing her with it down that he wasn't used to it being tied back. Though it definitely suited her adventurer side.

'Why is it so hard to talk to her now? I didn't have a problem before... what changed...?'

Knowing he should turn around before he got caught was probably the best course of action in this situation. But she continued to just sit there humming. He was getting greedy and continued to look, though if he could see her face he'd probably regret that decision.

She felt it. Like her sixth sense kicked in a familiar way she had known well. The unmistakable feeling that someone was watching her. Though in the situation that could only mean one thing. It was from Bell.

'W-why is he looking at me? No why is he staring! Its been a few minutes now nghh I-its annoying!'

Though he still continued to look at her and as a result, her body started to twitch though it wasn't the one she knew or got when others looked at her. Something that annoyed her to no end, no this was an urge to let it continue. She couldn't explain it but she was starting to enjoy it. The fact she knew and he didn't, made it easy to keep quiet. So she just continued to hum to herself slowly starting to enjoy it.

'Bell... I just want to turn around and talk to you. I don't care if it's for a minute the tension is killing me but I just can't... I want to but I don't want you to be mad at me...'

Deep down the tension was killing them both. One was going to crack soon but they were both too scared to say anything. Artemis bit her lip and like Bell, she tried to sneak a glimpse at him. Turning her head slowly she noticed the familiar red glint meet her eye though it was brief as both turned away blushing. Bell didn't attempt to turn his head back nor did Artemis.