Chapter 34

"Mmmh So warm..."

Artemis was in bliss. She slept like a baby for the first time since she got here. Her dreams didn't bother her and it was quite a dream indeed. However, she didn't understand one thing about it.

She was in the forest, thick grass and trees were as far as the eye can, the sun shone down about her yet it didn't bother her it felt nice. Time seemed to go slowly for her, an endless hunt and a blissful moment in time. No worries. No death. No men... Her eye spotted a new prey. White fur and red-eyed. She recognised the little creature. It's the same rabbit that plagued her other dreams. But this time it was different. It wasn't cautious, and its eyes were oddly hypnotic and familiar.

Her first thought was to fire her bow. But she tried that before in other dreams, no this time she waited and watched. Once it realised she possessed no threat, it made its way to her side. Once it was next to her, it rubbed its head against her leg. The sensation was oddly calming to her. A small smile formed as she kneeled down to pet it. Its fur was so soft and thick, and she enjoyed the velvety sensation in her hand.

Time passed and she decided to bring it with her. Picking it up and holding it within her arms. It snuggled into her palm and arm peacefully, enjoying itself. Artemis continued to walk randomly as she had done for hours before. However, she soon came to the edge of this endless forest. The outline of trees trunks in the distance were like black pillars shielding her from the light. Her eyes became fixed on the end of her long journey. The rabbit in her hands noticed her newfound joy. The red eyes looked back and forth from her to the light.

Her surprise came as her new pet jumped from her arms. Sadness filled her as she lost the ball of softness that graced her. It ran towards the light and stopped at its edge. Its ears lifted and it turned to her. Without a second thought, she followed. Slowly at first, but she became faster and faster. She ended up in a sprint to catch up. The light blinded her as she reached the end and a moment of nothingness filled her.

"Where am I?"

Silence. Her eyesight was blurry and faded; however, she could make out the white hair of her furry companion. She moved her hands forward to catch it. The first thing she felt was the unbelievable softness. She smiled and closed her eyes and brought it close to her chest.

She received some resistance at first, but in the end, it returned to her embrace. She continued to stroke it with a newfound fondness. It was then that she realised it. The second thing was more extensive and slightly rounder form. When she placed it into her chest, it felt hard and poked her. She peeked her eyes open and realised it almost instantly.

"B-B-Bell!"

Being Surprised was an understatement. Being confused was an understatement. Being wholly speechless and embarrassed beyond belief that wasn't an understatement. His beet red face matched hers. Seconds passed and then minutes in fact before too long she realised something. She was enjoying it. Enjoying it the same as she enjoyed the rabbit in her arms. The only difference was who it was.

'Ugh why is Bell here? This is my dream, so why am I dreaming about Bell and like this?'

A thousand questions filled her head.

Bell moved his head and snuggled into her chest. She watched him and wondered.

'W-would the real Bell like this?'

Her thoughts should be challenged; she wanted to challenge it and yet.

"Are you comfortable Bell?"

Bell nodded his head in response. Artemis felt his head make contact with her breasts. A strange sensation filled her, but she chose to ignore it.

"Be grateful that I'm in a good mood. This is a reward for your kindness over the last few days."