Chapter 40

The top floor of the tower of babel

"Goddess we apprehended a man that was trying to break in however when we caught him he tried to make out that you invited him. What do you want us to do with him?"

Freya was sat observing the city below from her study, she took a sip of her wine before placing the glass down on a small side table. She got to her feet and made her way over to her child. She placed a hand on his cheek and smiled.
"Please bring him to me, once done inform Ottar to call off all search parties."

The low ranking child blushed and nodded before leaving the room. Freya dropped her smile as she remained standing, patiently waiting for her guest...

The door opened, and a tall grey-haired man walked in, his hands were chained up and his mouth gagged Freya was a little confused as she looked the man over...

"And who are you?"

Freya looked the man over again, part of her felt he looked familiar, but she couldn't place her finger on it... She was about to ask again before the man pointed to his gag. She nodded her head, giving the okay to her child.

"Ahh is this how you treat all your guest lady Freya? As for who I am perhaps you'd prefer me with my mask on?"

Freya sighed and waved her hand.

"Leave us."

The child gave his goddess a worried look but nodded before leaving the room. The man lifted his arms and shook them causing the chains to rattle.

"Don't suppose you plan on taking these off?"

Freya smiled as she picked up her glass.

"No, I think they suit you, come sit..."

He dramatically dropped his arms and made his way over to the small seating area, he sat down on a lavish sofa as the goddess of beauty took her seat next to the fire.

"I must say, you must have a good decorator, considering the state I left this place in, after our last meeting. He sat back into the chair and smiled.

"Indeed influence like mine means things get done quickly and efficiently, believe me at a snap of my fingers I could have the entire city hunting your head."

"But you haven't which means you've decided so I must ask what's your answer?"

Freya smiled and moved a spare glass over to him. She poured him a glass of wine and then one for herself. She picked the glass up and held it in front of him.

"Before we get to that, I'd like to know a little more about you? Would you join me for a drink. This is a special wine. Soma gifted it to me after it rose to the top."

Regis smiled and happily accepted the glass from her, he swirled the liquid before taking a quick whiff.

"I must admit I'm, not a connoisseur but I doubt a goddess of your standing would have anything less than the best."

He took a small sip and placed the glass down on the table. He crossed his legs and rested his shackled hands on them.

"So what would you like to know about me?"

Freya stared at her glass as she swirled the liquid around.

"Just your name?"

"Regis"

He spoke quickly and waited for her to comment.

"Now I remember now your the Fury. Zeus's child prodigy I must admit I'm quite surprised I assumed you died with the rest of his Familia?"