Chapter 30

Bell and Artemis left the cafe, a newfound enjoyment radiated from her. Bell could only watch and smile. She moved through the streets and admired what she could. Bell had seen all this before and instead he admired her. Her bright blue hair was tied back but seemed to shine in the sunlight. She moved with such grace that Bell could say she was almost dancing along the cobbled streets.

Bell couldn't help but smile. He grew bored of the same day to day sights. But as he watched her he felt his gaze wander down her back and all the way down to her ass. It was hard for him not to look. It seemed to tease him as he followed behind her slowly.

'This beats the dungeon anyway.' He thought his lack of training and exploration of the dungeon could all lead back to the girl in front of him. But he didn't care.

'I wonder what her reaction to the dungeon would be?' He asked himself the question as he pulled his gaze away from her. Part of him wanted to show her. He knew the dangers but he wanted to see her reaction. 'If she joins she's gonna see it sooner or later.'

Bell looked to the floor. 'Why do I want her to join so badly?' His thoughts were a mess. He tried to remain neutral before but now he couldn't get the thought out his head.

'I shouldn't be thinking that. It's her decision not mine. Besides the dungeon is no place for someone like her!'

Bell looked up and Artemis was standing outside a florist. She seemed to be admiring the beauty of each one. Bell made his way over to her. She seemed to be admiring a white rose.

"It's amazing. So pure yet so beautiful." She said as she brushed her hand over the petals.

"It's not just the roses." Bell said, kicking himself for saying his thoughts allowed.

He looked at her. She had a hint of pink in her cheeks but other than that she didn't seem to react to the comment.

The store door opened and a raven haired woman came out. She looked no older the Artemis but looks could be deceiving.

"Welcome. Is there anything I can do for the two of you?"

She gave a warm welcome and greeting, her eyes drifted to Artemis who was still admiring the outdoor displays.

"Beautiful aren't they? My grandmother used to love them. Pearly white and pure she used to say. Even now she still holds them in high regard."

Artemis turned to the women a smile on her face and deep enjoyment of the situation.

"Indeed, I admire most flowers, strong, beautiful and pure. Even those that are deadly have a certain beauty." Artemis said, getting the attention of the clerk.

"You sound just like my grandmother... I mean no disrespect, you yourself put most of these flowers to shame."

'She's not wrong.' Bell thought of finding himself admiring his companions beauty more than the flowers.

"That's very kind of you to say."

After a few moments Bell found himself waiting outside. He cared little for the topic of conversation and let Artemis explore. Meanwhile he thought about his night with Aiz.

'It's already getting late. But the hostess is open all night so I have no rush. I hope Aiz isn't too mad at me for dropping our plans earlier.'

He felt bad for leaving her. But he couldn't just leave Artemis in such a state. He was glad he made the right decision but he couldn't help feeling somewhat guilty.

"I'll make it up to her later..."

For the next ten or so minutes he lounged outside the shop finding a nice bench in close proximity and view to the shop.