Chapter 42

It seemed to be like any other morning at the hostess, Mia had started on breakfast and the girls worked on tidying up from the night before. However, there was a noticeable lack of chatter compared to other mornings. Even Chloe and Anya who would normally be the most talkative all throughout the day were keeping it to a minimum.

The reason? The grey-haired girl working in the back. She had been in a less than agreeable mood all morning. Not that she would show it, but her usual enthusiasm wasn't there at all. She still smiled and greeted them all but it just wasn't the same and everyone knew why.

"Has she said anything yet?"

Anya whispered as she passed by Chloe who shook her head, continuing to sweep the floors. Her tail swung to the right and pointed out Ryuu who was on the other side of the room cleaning the tables.

"Hopefully she isn't still mad at her..."

Anya nodded in agreement as she went about her duties, Meanwhile Mia was becoming annoyed by a less then enthusiastic Syr who was supposed to be washing the pots. She sighed and walked over to her.

"Still sulking from last night?"

Syr jumped in surprises and shook her head.

"Nooo, Why would you think that?"

She smiled before turning back to start her chores.

"You haven't spoken a word all morning, not even to Ryu... You can't hide it we all know what its about."

Mia sighed as she didn't even get a reply back, turning her back to the girl as she got on with her morning duties. She glimpsed over at the girl who had now stopped working altogether.

Syr stood over the remaining dishes, her usually happy face and cheerful expression were hidden behind a veil of sadness and jealousy. A tear formed in the corner of her eyes as she wiped them away with her sleeve. She turned the hot water on and waited for the sink to fill back up.

'First Aiz.... I could deal with her, she probably doesn't even realise what she's feeling. I just smile and play along all the while getting closer to Bell...'

She reached into hot soapy water, pulling another plate out, her hand was bright red and sore as the water scolded her skin. But she didn't care. She had never felt as much embarrassment or known defeat as she had last night.

'I was so close... And now... Now that blue-haired bitch has got her hands all over my Bell! If Ryuu hadn't of shocked me and I hadn't lowered my guard I'd have been the one sleeping with Bell!'

She clenched the side, furious as her thoughts turned towards the night's events. Even though she had failed she still went to check on him. Her annoyance at the goddess was nothing compared to what she saw. There she was sleeping with him, barely clothed and smiling as if she had just won first prize!

'I should have taken a page out of Ryuu's book and...'

She looked down to find she had finished cleaning the plate, she held it up and looked at her reflection, her lips forming into a smile.

'Still... It will make it all the more satisfying when he finally chooses me... Artemis, Aiz and even Ryuu... I'm sorry my friend but I won't let you or anyone else have him!'
Her smile only grew as she grabbed another plate from the sink.

'But... Maybe I can use that to my advantage? Yes, yes that will work...'

With that, she got back to her duties. The time slowly passed by as the morning sun came up. Mia asked one of them to go wake everyone up. Syr quickly looked over to Ryu and waved.