Chapter-14

She's alive bells mind couldn't seem to believe those words hell how could he it's been less then two weeks since he killed her and yet here was ryu telling him out of the blue that she was alive and he couldn't believe it any matters how much he wanted to.

"Dont" Bell blurted out it was blunt and to the point which confused Ryu.

"Bell I don't understand." She was confused that was for sure but more so by bells reaction.

"What you expect me to believe that."

Ryu stood in shock

"What reason would I have to lie?" Even though she was staying calm she was more than a little annoyed.

Bell simply looked away.

"If you think I'd believe such a blatant lie then you don't know me at all."

"Why you......

She didn't even bother to finish. Getting up and leaving without another word. She tried not to slam the door but that wasn't not gonna happen.

"No, you just don't want to believe.

She moved back downstairs getting one or two looks on the way down.

" What!" She gave a quick glare.

The two cats turned their attention back to their work not wanting to piss her off more.

"what's her problem".

Ryu undeniable pissed of. At everything, she's done for him everything she's risked and he didn't give a second thought to speak to her with some respect.

She turned a corner and entered the back room. Deciding that work was the best thing to take her mind off this.

'I know it's a touchy subject around him and I know I'm throwing out what seems like false hope' she thought to continue to wash the dishes from this mornings breakfast.

'Perhaps I should have gone at it a different way... Nah that would never work' she sighed in defeat

'There's no easy way to tell someone that someone they cared deeply for could be alive. Could be the part Bells not getting'.

By the time Ryu had finished the dishes, she had contemplated the day before. 'I know what I saw it was her but the only other person that knows this is Aiz and somehow I doubt she wants to believe it'

" don't lose hope Bell I promise that she is alive".

....

Bells pov

'Damn these people why don't they understand that I just want to drop this subject'

Bell sighed he missed Artemis he couldn't deny that he wanted her back. But he knew that wasn't a possibility not after seeing her disappear in his arms.

That very memory gave him nightmares but her last words gave him hope.

"It may not be in this life but I'll keep our promise. I will see you again".

Tears started to flow from his eyes he clenched the covers of his bed and brought them close.

" Damn it"!

He hated the thought that he was so weak he hated never having a choice in that situation. He hated the God that sat back did nothing knowing that they get someone else to fix their problems.

"I need to get stronger" bell proclaimed to himself.

He threw the covers aside a got to his feet. He didn't care if he needs to stay and rest. His body healed surprisingly quick. No point staying here.