Event SS Takanori Yuuto: Valentines Day Special

This is a non-canon Valentines Day 2021 special! Enjoy!

I woke up feeling a sense of dread today.

I knew this day was coming because Mitsuba kept talking about it in the group chat. He was confident that he'd receive the most honmei choco out of all of us today.

That was right. Today was the 14th of February, better known as Valentines Day.

In the West, Valentines Day is a romantic day for couples, but here in Japan, it was a day for girls to give chocolates to boys based on their relationship.

There's giri choco, the obligatory chocolate. It's given to acquaintances, friends, and family, so just about everyone gets one. Typically it's cheaper and by no means a romantic gesture.

However, honmei choco, the love chocolate, is meant to be a romantic gesture. It's given to your romantic partner or the person the girl has feelings for. Receiving honmei choco is basically a love confession from the girl. As such, it's much higher in price, and some girls may even go so far as to make it by hand.

I was expecting to receive zero honmei choco today. After all, me and Valentines Day go together like oil and water.

In middle school, only one girl ever gave me giri choco. That was obviously Yukina. The rest of the girls in my class never even batted an eye to me. I wasn't good enough for their giri choco.

At the very least, mom and aunt Rina gave me giri choco to try and make me feel better. It wasn't much, but I appreciated it.

I was expecting the same results when I walked into class today. I can't imagine any girl other than Yukina to go out of their way and buy giri choco for me.

Oh well, I didn't really care that much honestly. It's less chocolate for me to give back to the girls on White Day. I'm just glad our 1st Year at GEN Academy was nearly over.

I got to class and sat down at my desk, where Nora, Yukimura, Mitsuba, Tanaka, Akihiro, and Kawaguchi were already sitting around silently in anticipation for the girls.

"Ahhh, I can't sit still anymore! The wait is killing me! Where are the girls?! They're late!"

Mitsuba was the first one to vent his complaints. It was true, almost all the boys were in class, and only two girls, Kita Hana and Kiba Ichika, had shown up.

As one would expect, Kita gave Ayano honmei choco. Kiba was going around the class, handing out her giri choco. Not before long, she pulled up to our circle and started dolling out giri choco to everyone.

"Sorry it ain't much, kinda broke this month."

Kiba had a rough way of speaking. This, combined with her delinquent looks, made her seem like an unapproachable and scary tomboy when we first met her. However, after getting to know her, she was actually quite a caring and delicate person.

"No biggie, thanks Ichika."

Yukimura received her chocolate with a grin. Due to their equally tough personalities, Yukimura and Kiba got along quite well.

"Hey, Kiba-chan, do you know where the other girls are? If Jun has to wait for them any longer, it looks like he's gonna piss himself." Akihiro snickered.

"Dunno. They usually keep me outta dark when it comes to that kinda stuff, which is friggin annoying."

Kiba wasn't exactly popular with the girls due to her pushy personality. She was more suited out to hanging with us guys, honestly.

"Oh well, try and not get any cavities from today."

She left to go give out the rest of her chocolates. Even though she didn't know every boy in our class very well, she still considered each of our tastes, buying us a different chocolate on what she thought we'd like.