Chapter 4: E Class on the Move

Wednesday morning.

I knocked on Mitsuba's door. After waiting five minutes for a response, I knocked again a little harder.

Since he pulled frequent all-nighters playing eroge, I thought he might still be awake now. I guess he actually went to bed last night.

The only reason I'm visiting him so early is so I can collect his cards after the deal we made last night. However, I had no choice but to leave empty handed after nearly witnessing a graphic scene last night.

I yawned, getting tired of waiting for him. Another five minutes passed before I knocked again, this time with even greater force.

"Seriously, school starts in an hour and he's still not awake...?"

As I mumbled to myself, the door rattled open. A drowsy Mitsuba emerged from his room, looking ready to attack me viciously after waking him from his slumber. However, upon seeing my face, he flashed a lecherous grin.

"Best friend Takanori-san!"

We weren't best friends and never will be. Mitsuba laughed strangely with a proud look in his eyes. What was he so chuffed about?

"Morning."

"Man, if you were anyone else, I'd kill you for waking me up this early. But thanks to you, I got to spend the entire night talking to Emica-chan!"

So that's what he was so proud of. He talked to a girl he liked for an extended period of time.

"It sounds like you had a lot of fun."

I bet Yogen didn't. Well, I guess this is revenge for her always teasing me.

Though, a part of me felt a little stung that she held a conversation with Mitsuba for so long. When I called her last night to confirm the details of our plan, it didn't even last ten minutes. The call was probably over in less than three.

"Anyways, I'm gonna get ready for school, so wait out here for me, aight?"

Just as Mitsuba was about to leave, I grabbed his shoulder.

"Actually... I came here to borrow your cards."

"O-oh, yeah... my cards, ha ha..."

Mitsuba laughed, not sounding all that pleased. Grabbing two green boxes that resembled toolkits, he handed them to me.

"Well, I fulfilled my part of the deal!"

"Thanks."

With that, he closed the door. These boxes were heavy... I opened one and rifled through the cards.

To my surprise, Mitsuba took extremely good care of them. All of them were in mint condition, double sleeved, and sorted by rarity, grade, and clan. It was the complete opposite of what I expected, since both him and his room always looked messy and unkempt.

"Alright, I'm ready!"

Me and Mitsuba set off to the station so we could catch the train to school. On our way exiting the dorm lobby, we ran into Yukimura, who just finished his morning workout.

"Yo, Yukimura-san!"

Mitsuba ran over to his friend and they started talking. Yukimura seemed to look tired from the midterms.

"Hey."

"Dude, guess what happened?!"

"What?"

"I got a girl's phone number!"

"No way. Which girl was stupid enough to you that?"

"Don't call her stupid! She's super smart!"