- Part 6

An hour had elapsed since the war had begun. There had been five deaths so far: Mitsuba, Kouji, and Kiba from E Class; Imaishi and Koizumi from D Class.

It was around 4pm when the Yukina platoon had been ambushed by D Class while they were exploring the middle floor. Yukina, Nora, and Katsumi were surrounded on all sides by four D Class students: Mikitaka, Satou, John, and Albert.

So this was D Class's strategy, huh? I had an inkling that they were going for an ambush strategy, based on how Imaishi launched a surprise attack on Akari. Him being their secret weapon would make sense too, since he would be the best at this sort of attack. Good thing we killed him off early then.

This method of attack would be effective against dealing with groups, which is a strategy we done before in our last war, when we split up into two groups of attackers and defenders. Their strategy would be even more effective if we were travelling solo, since that single person would have to fight against the multiple people who ambushed them.

It's also probably the reason why Mikitaka made that grand "welcome" when they arrived at Higashi Mall. He wanted to lure someone upstairs to ambush them. Obvious trap was obvious, but the bait he hung was perfect for this platoon. That's why I wasn't worried about D Class cornering them. As long as they could win, they could escape. That was their only option.

"Y'all have some balls to come huntin' for us, ya ha ha ha!"

Mikitaka laughed feverishly, looking down at Yukina with a malicious grin.

"Mans don't think you have the facilities for dat, big man."

John tossed a plastic knife up into the air and caught it with its blade pointed at Nora.

"I just wanna go home..."

Satou mumbled, taking off his headphones reluctantly. Meanwhile, Albert simply nodded menacingly at Katsumi.

"Yuu, what do we do?!"

Yukina, with a voice of panic, opened a communication line to me. I only had a few seconds to figure out who they matched up the best against. I decided to hedge my bets and quickly connected Nora and Katsumi to the line so they could listen in to my plan.

"There's only one thing you can do. Fight. Nora-san, you go after Mikitaka-san, Yukina, you go after Satou-san, Katsumi-san, you go after John-san or Albert-san, either is fine. I'll call for back up, but your objective is to win and kill them. Got that?"

"Yes sir!"

Yukina gave me verbal confirmation as she, Nora, and Katsumi split up from their bunched up position and sprang out towards their respective enemies. While they did that, I looked for reinforcements elsewhere.

On the bottom floor, Akari and Kawaguchi were engaged in cardfights. Tadokoro was free, but I didn't have much confidence in her, so I decided to let her stay away from danger and kept her close to Akari and Kawaguchi.

On the top floor, Rinbayashi and Tanaka were also engaged in cardfights, but Taiga was not. She was still roaming around, trying to find enemies to kill. Her skill level was sufficient and she was already close to an elevator, so I opened a communication line to her.

"Taiga-san, slight change of plans."

"What happened?"

"Yukina's platoon got ambushed."

"Typical."

"Four D Class students got them, but there's only three of them there. Could you go to the middle floor and join them?"

"Sure thing! I've been itching for another fight anyways, ku ku."

The reason Taiga was free while Rinbayashi and Tanaka weren't was because they had also been ambushed earlier. However, it was a three on three, so I let them handle things. Taiga was the first to finish fighting, so I advised her to search the surrounding area for more people potentially hiding on the top floor. Since she came up empty handed, the timing was perfect for her to fight elsewhere.