- Part 7

The lunch time training session went by smoothly with the addition of Taiga. Everyone was stunned by her strength, as she proceeded to crush Nora, Katsumi, and Akari, even when Akihiro and Kawaguchi were supporting them from the sidelines.

Everyone's determination to improve had increased as the gap in their abilities had became more apparent. After school, we held another training session in class. Since outdoor club activities were cancelled for today due to a friendly war, we didn't have to wait for anyone to be done with clubs before beginning.

"Argh! Demiza-san, you're too good!"

Mitsuba's frustrated cries could be heard from a mile away. He had suffered another loss against Taiga.

"I thought Overlord was good... where's your DOTX?"

"The X? I don't run him."

I can't believe I actually heard those words leave his mouth...

"...huh?"

Even Taiga was shocked by Mitsuba's ballsy declaration that he didn't run Dragonic Overlord "The X". It was unfathomable that he didn't use the card that singlehandedly fixed all the flaws of his deck. To make matters worse, he didn't even use the other new cards, Heatshot Dragon and Igniroad Dragon, either.

"You have copies of The X at least, right?"

I approached Mitsuba, who was cleaning up his cards from the table.

"Yeah, but it's just base rarity VR. I don't wanna use that."

...so this was an issue of shiny cards, huh?

"Shouldn't you use it anyways? It makes your deck better."

"It does... but I want the SP version! Same with Igniroad and Heatshot! I refuse to use them unless they're max rarity!"

"Can I check out your deck again, Mitsuba-san?"

Mitsuba handed me his deck to look through. I didn't notice it before, but he really did mean it when he said his deck was completely bling. These weren't base RRR or VR rarity - these were the highest rarity he could get his hands on. SPs, ORs, SVRs... you name it, he had it.

His Dragonic Overlord the End was so shiny, he had a different rarity for each copy: one was SVR, one was XVR, one was the SP version of the XVR, and one was from the Collector's Set.

"So the reason you won't play the new cards is because you don't have the SP versions of them?"

"Damn straight! There's no way I'd dirty my deck with ugly base rarity."