- Part 2

Once we were in the corridor, I quickly explained to Akihiro the situation I found myself in.

"Talk 'bout a convoluted way of doing things. Ya sure there's not another guy or gal you could talk to for the Aqua Force cards? I can't imagine Hashimoto will be too happy to see you."

"Neither am I, but it's my only option. Unless, do you know any 1st Years who use Aqua Force?"

"Nope. I could ask Tamaki to see who uses it in A Class, but time's not our side."

"Yeah. Sorry for wrangling you into this on such short notice."

"It's fine. I can't believe you're using Tadokoro's deck to do that out of all things. Ya sure it'll change his mind?"

"I just have to overwhelm him with it's strength. It all comes down to whether or not I can drive check a heal trigger."

The Blue Wing's main gimmick was standing their units whenever a heal trigger was checked. I could easily end the game if I pulled a single heal trigger and restood my entire board.

"Your luck ain't really that good, though..."

"I'm betting on the fact that I've had so much bad luck these past few days. Eventually it's got to turn around for me."

"Law of equivalent exchange, or summin' like that."

Akihiro laughed. Personally, I thought it was more closer to karma than anything.

"Let's get going."

"F'sure."

Me and Akihiro walked up the stairwells to go the third floor of the school, where the 3rd Year classrooms were. Since we were alone while walking together, I used this chance to have a private conversation with him about becoming our trump card for the war.

"How's your new deck coming along?"

This was the most important question to ask first. Even though his deck was ruined on Tuesday, Akihiro was still looking through cards he could build a deck around. It would be troublesome if he couldn't decide before the end of today, since the war was tomorrow.

"Do you want the short version, or the long version?"

"It's not going great is the short version, I'm guessing."

"Pretty much..."

Akihiro sighed, deflating his shoulders.

"If you need help on anything, I'm always here."

"I know, but that's exactly why I didn't want to ask you for help. Pride as a cardfighter aside, I didn't want to trouble ya, since you seem to have a helluva lot on your plate. I didn't want you to stress about me not getting my act together before the war."

"It's always been in the back of my mind from the very beginning. You're E Class's most valuable asset for the war, so of course I'd worry about how you were doing."

"That's a nice joke."

"I'm being serious. I truly believe you're the best cardfighter in our class."

"You're saying that to be humble. If anything, you're our best cardfighter. You should be on the front lines fighting, not being the commander."

I was taken back by both Akihiro's praise and harsh words.

"Sorry, was that too rude? I didn't mean it that way. It's just, between our two fights in the last war, your one was more impressive, y'know? I lost to a no name jackass all while you kept pace with Mikazuchi, 3-A's class rep."