SS Mikazuchi Ryuzaki: Meeting Yuuto's Father

The fight was finished.

The TTS system shut down as I won. Yuuto tossed his cards onto the table and slumped in the sofa.

Judging by his lacklustre facial expression, he was lost in his own world.

The World I dragged him into with Orfist.

His eyes, drooped in shadows and void of emotion, told me everything.

Somewhere, in his head, Yuuto was still locked up by the chains of ZANBAKU, floating along the Abyssal Dark Night.

He said he wasn't going to hold back, but it was clear to me he lied.

Without a doubt, he was definitely holding back in our fight.

Whether he didn't show his true abilities because Shizuka was here is irrelevant.

If he was serious, then he would've done so regardless of her presence.

But because he didn't, it's now obvious to me that he's scared to use the power he gained as the Masterpiece.

Fear, was the thing holding Yuuto back.

I know what my role as mentor to him is now. It was up to me to teach him how to deal with that fear.

Ultimately, it's up to him whether or not he wants to break that fear in order to use that power.

But I can encourage him, guide him, and nurture him on a path that isn't self-destructive.

However, at the same time, this could go very wrongly.

I can teach him everything I know, but it wouldn't matter if he loses all logic in his haste to become stronger.

If I had to hazard a guess, there was a 99% chance Yuuto would end up as a monster.

If he ever ended up using that power, there might be no going back for him.

In that case, would it be better to keep him as he is?

Is it okay to keep his power suppressed?

Right now, he isn't harming anyone.

But for a split second in that fight, I tasted a drop of his true self.

I'll admit, it made my heart race more than when I fought Gyze.

In some ways, I'm glad I pulled Eldobreath at that exact moment.

I didn't plan for it at all. I was simply lucky.

But because I did, I might have saved Yuuto from going down that path of no return.

Or at the very least, delayed it just a little bit longer.

I extended my hand for a handshake.

Yuuto snapped out of his trance and shook my hand indifferently.

He looks defeated.

"Guess I'm stuck with you a little longer, eh?"

"Yeah. Please continue to mentor me, Mikazuchi-sensei."

"I'll do my best. As for you, continue focusing on the task I've given you, okay?"