- Part 6

After Shigaisoshi was done applying the gel, I quickly made my escape from the infirmary with Yukina. When we returned to class, I spent the remainder of lunch time cardfighting Akihiro. While I didn't expect this deck from him, it was apparent he had put a lot of thought into it. Some good progress towards beating Zyriot was being made. His deck still needed some tweaking though.

The rest of the day went by as usual. After school, club sessions were on, so we were going to hold our training session after that. With about an hour of time to kill, I decided to take care of some loose ends in the meantime.

I made a phone call to Ichinose to arrange a meeting later that evening. Thankfully, she agreed, and even offered to come visit me in the Drachma Red dorm's lobby like the hospitable person she was. I didn't want to turn down her kindness, so I accepted that as our meeting spot.

Since there wasn't much else to do, I considered going to the library to get some new books to read. However, Nora, who also didn't attend any clubs like me, timidly approached me with a rectangular slip of paper in his hands.

"Umm, Takanori-kun..."

"Hm?"

"Tokihara-senpai... she asked me to give this to you."

Nora handed me the slip of paper. It read "Invitation for the Safe Room" with my name on it.

"...what's this?"

"It's a safe space... run by Hina-sama and a few other 2nd Years."

Hearing the Jack of the school was involved immediately caught my attention.

"Tokihara-senpai is one of the volunteers that helps runs it... and well, she thought you might be interested in checking it out."

"Safe room? I've never heard of this before."

"It's meant to be a secret... since, um, it's a room meant to help people feel safe at school. Like a place they can go to escape how noisy school can be... that kind of thing."

I could infer that much from the name alone.

"Huh... and I was invited to come?"

"Yes... they give invites to vulnerable students... to make them aware it exists... and hopefully so they'll come visit the safe room. Tokihara-senpai thinks you're one of them... hence the invite."

I guess the video of me getting beat up by Mikitaka and the others did make me look like I fit in that category. It was only one time, though... surely that wouldn't be enough to get me access to it?

"I'm guessing you got an invite too, since you know about it?"

"Ah... um, I got mine a long time ago... in April."

Considering Nora had been bullied by others that early on, it made sense.

"I have visited a couple times... it's a come when you want, leave when you want sort of deal. Everyone's really chill and you can do basically anything in that room... it's quite fun."

Since there was time to kill, I guess there was no harm in checking it out.

"Do you want to go together, then? The training session doesn't start until awhile."

"Sure thing. I was kind of hoping you'd say that, actually..."

Nora smiled slightly when I made that proposal. Together, we headed to the safe room, which was located in the special wing's 3rd floor.

"I've never been in this part of school before."

"There's not much here, is there...? Though, being so barren makes it a good place for the safe room..."