- Part 9

Just as I was about to walk back to the dorms, a boy wearing a red tie stepped out of the shadows, casually greeting me.

"Yo!"

I didn't know who he was, but I recognised his face. He had wild brown hair with the front section dyed blonde, a perfect match to the person Andou had shown me earlier today. That meant he was a 3rd Year.

"Hey."

"I thought I recognised you! You're Takanori Yuuto, right? From 1st Year E Class!"

I wasn't surprised that he already knew who I was. I fought Kaido and was featured in a prominent rumour. Whether I liked it or not, my identity was being spread around school.

"Yeah, I am."

"Talk about bougie. Kaido-san's yacht is a real piece of work, ain't it?"

The boy wolf-whistled, admiring the beauty of Kaido's yacht as it drifted away into the distance. Before I could slip away from this weirdo, he carried on the conversation with me.

"You close with him?"

"Not really..."

"Good thing, neither am I."

He stuck his tongue out playfully. I could guess he wasn't, since he was wearing the Drachma Red uniform.

"You're so lucky to get to ride on his ship twice... I'd kill for a sweet ride like that!"

"How did you know that I've been on Kaido-senpai's yacht twice before?"

"Oh I was part of that crowd the first time you left his ship on... uh, how long ago was that? The end of last month or something?"

"...something like that, yeah."

I didn't even notice him being part of the crowd when that happened. I guess that explains how he knew of the first time I was on Kaido's yacht.

"Yep, I saw that! Me and my buddies were chilling on the pier when we saw Kaido-san's huge ass ship dock and you emerged from it. And to think it'd happen again tonight... the world works in mysterious ways, doesn't it?"

"It does. What are you even doing out here so late at night anyways?"

It was nearly 10pm now. Most students would be at home getting ready to go to bed.

"I was taking a nightly stroll to clear my head. 3rd Year life is stressful and all."

"It is pretty peaceful out here."

"Scenic too!"

I nodded in agreement to kill the conversation. I wanted to go home, not chat amicably with a 3rd Year who's name I didn't even know of. Just as I was about to leave, he reeled me back in with a reply I couldn't ignore.

"Man, Yukina-chan was right, you really are stiff at talking."

My initial impression of this man changed the moment he mentioned Yukina's name.

"You know who Yukina is?"

I wanted to know who this guy was and why he used Yukina's first name. I didn't know she had talked to an upperclassmen, let alone get that close to one too.

"There's only one Yukina-chan in the school I'm pretty sure... Kazuraba Yukina, yeah? She's in your class. Ah, if you're worried about what she said, don't be! She told me plenty of good things about you!"

It felt like this guy was trying to flex on me by mentioning these things so blatantly in my face.

"...so, who are you?"