- Part 10

Mikitaka let go of the camera and it flew over to Yukina fighting John and Albert. I saw a glimpse of Nora trudging his way downstairs to leave the mall. However, Mikitaka stopped him to have a chat of some kind, presumably.

While watching the replays of her fight, two pop-ups appeared on my visor.

"Albert Obama is Dead."

"John Fields is Dead."

It seems that I couldn't catch the tail end of her 2 vs 1. In any case, she had successfully managed to take down two D Class students. This only meant one more fight left was possible.

"Yare yare... killin' the rest of my classmates when yer friends couldn't... ya have guts, woman. However, yer facin' the great villain Takenaka Mikitaka now! I'm the emissary of revenge for the homies ya killed! Prepare yerself for the worst night of yer life!"

Yukina, breathless from her intense and unusual fight earlier, looked at Mikitaka with narrowed eyes.

"...bring it."

Mikitaka and Yukina locked visors, before another pop-up appeared on my visor.

"Horie Kanon is Dead."

I checked the ground floor and saw Kawaguchi had just won his fight against the female class representative. This was huge, as it poked a hole in D Class's second in command. Now the only person left with leadership to take down was Zyriot.

However, the other fight on the ground floor intrigued me. An overly serious looking Shimizu, which wasn't like her at all, was fighting against an overly timid Tadokoro.

The two shy girls of our classes were fighting, but one seemed more confident than the other. What gives?

Shimizu stood tall with a valour I had never seen her with before. If I hadn't met her before this war, I would've guessed she was naturally confident from the way she was conducting herself. I guess cardfighting really can change a person's mindset, huh?

In contrast, Tadokoro was a shaking mess. Her nervousness was clear to see from her reserved stance and jittering hands. In all honesty, I expected her to die in this fight, so there was no real point in watching it, but I was intrigued enough by Shimizu's shift in attitude that it kept my attention.

"Stand up, Vanguard!"

"Aiming for the Stars, Artemis!"

"B-Blow Bubble Dracokid!"

"First Turn: Shimizu Hoshimi."

"Stand and draw! I discard and ride Supportive Sorcerer, Communis! I draw from Artemis! Communis' skill, I put Kukurihime from my hand to soul and draw! Turn end."

Shimizu:
Hand: 6
Damage: 0
Soul: 2
OXO
OOO

Tadokoro:
Hand: 5
Damage: 0
OXO
OOO

"S-stand and draw... I-I ride Wheel Assault from the Ride Deck... um, I draw and get a Quick Shield from Blow Bubble... W-Wheel Assault attacks! (8000)"

"No guard!"

"D-drive check! (Blue Wings of Empathy, Makarios)"

"Damage check! (Mythic Beast, Hati)"

"T-turn end."

Shimizu:
Hand: 6
Damage: 1
Soul: 2
OXO
OOO

Tadokoro:
Hand: 8
Damage: 0
OXO
OOO