- Part 8

By the time I paid attention to Yukina's fight against Satou, she was already on turn 3, so I had no context on what happened before then. Thankfully, one of the features you get as a Commander is the ability to look through the footage taken during the war and play it back.

This feature was probably used for analysing or examination purposes mid-war, but for me, it was the perfect tool to watch what's happened thus far. Another feature was you could choose what speed to play the footage at, so I chose to play it back at double the speed, so I could catch up quickly and watch it live.

Chabashira-sensei glanced at me fiddling with the controls, trying to get it to work. She intervened, gently pushing my hands out of the way using hers, before sliding around a separate screen with her fingertips and playing the footage I had chosen using the library of cuts from the video reel.

"Oh... um, thanks, sensei."

"Next time, before the war starts, ask for a tutorial on how to use the Commander's functions. Seeing you struggle to use such a simple feature in such a critical time for such a mundane reason... it hurts to watch."

"I can ask for a tutorial?"

"Why couldn't you?"

"...good point."

"Even if you're in E Class, the role of a Commander is universal across all classes. There's no reason for us to hide it's features from you. If you need help, just ask for it."

"Knowing this school, asking for any sort of help would cost me a small fortune..."

"You're still not over 3,000,000 to open a communication line in the middle of a fight, huh?"

"Don't remind me."

I started watching the replay of the fight. Chabashira-sensei continued our light conversation.

"You're replaying Kazuraba-san's fight?"

"Yeah. I missed most of it because I was watching Katsumi-san's and Taiga-san's fights."

"Shouldn't you be spreading out your focus to everyone all at once? Kazuraba-san, Nora-san, Jomko-san, Kawaguchi-san, and Rinbayashi-san are all still fighting right now."

The situation on the top floor wasn't great. Tanaka died, but Rinbayashi was still alive. That aside, I noticed that Chabashira-sensei only mentioned people from the Takanori group who were fighting right now to me. It was like she knew I wasn't interested in the people from the Matsushita group who were also fighting right now as well.

"I would, but it's harder than I expected... besides, I'm watching this at double speed, it shouldn't take me any longer than a minute."

"If you say so."

I can't help but feel like Chabashira-sensei was trying to probe me for something. If she was, what was she trying to get from me? Perhaps this was part of our evaluation during war time? Maybe she was trying to decide whether or not I was a good Commander for doing something like that. Regardless, I couldn't think deeply about her intentions right now, as I had to focus on the fight replay.

At the start of the fight, Satou groaned with a hunched back while Yukina kept silent with a sharpened look in her eyes.

"Stand up, Vanguard!(...)"

"Undying Departed, Grenache!"

"Dragon Egg..."

Satou's dead looking eyes widened slightly when he saw Yukina's starter.

"And here I thought you played Brandt... guess I am really going home after all..."

Pessimistically, Satou thought he had no chance against Yukina now because her deck had switched from Brandt to Nightrose. Unfortunately for him, this was likely true.