- Part 10

The train arrived back at Drachma Red. Since there was a konbini inside the station, I decided to buy my dinner there and walk back home to the dorms.

I headed to the instant ramen section and perused what kind of noodles they offered. I decided to spice things up a little and buy a packet of tom yum ramen to eat this evening.

Since I was shopping here already, there wasn't any harm in stocking up on some other foods I was running low on, such as eggs, milk, and green onions.

After picking them up, I headed to the self-checkouts to pay for my items. Usually, I don't pay attention to others while shopping, but this time, I had to make an exception because of the two girls in the booth next to me.

This wouldn't be strange or unusual under normal circumstances at all, but the situation I found myself in was bizarre, to say the least. That is, neither of the girls were wearing red ties.

Instead, one girl wore a white tie while the other wore a purple tie. This meant she was Royalty.

To make matters more absurd, I knew the girl who was wearing a white tie. By some stroke of fate, that person was my own half-sister and Ken's twin, Shinsei Shiori. However, the identity of the girl standing besides her was completely unknown.

We were introduced to the Royalty during the entrance ceremony when we first entered this school. I knew that the roster composed of Kishou the King, Satsubatsu the Queen, Hina the Jack, Hagane the Ace, and Ken the Joker.

However, the Royalty standing next to Shiori was neither Satsubatsu or Hina. Was it possible that she had dethroned one of the current members? And if so, who was she?

I wanted to know badly, but at the same time I didn't want to interact with Shiori since I wanted to keep our familial relationship a secret. Luckily, I entered the store with my hood up, so Shiori didn't recognise me while I was scanning my items.

Originally, I wanted to talk to Shiori to tell her to keep our familial relationship a secret, but now I needed to use that same relationship in order to easily make conversation with her in order to learn more about this mysterious member of the Royalty. If someone had been replaced, then the school would make an announcement. That's how it worked in middle school, at least.

Furthermore, the even larger question looming over my head was: what were these two even doing here? They were essentially the upper class of GEN, yet they chose to visit what was essentially the boonies of the island. I simply couldn't understand.

I had to make a decision quickly, as the two girls were getting ready to leave. I could either leave it alone and lose my chance to learn about this new Royalty, or I could bite the bullet and use my connection with Shiori to strike up an easy conversation.

The choice was mine to make, but I was an indecisive bastard.

Eventually, I came to the conclusion that it was okay if everyone knew I was related to Ken and Shiori. This was because Asukai, Masaoka, and Miura, already knew about it from Shiori. Sooner or later, those idiots would tell more people, and if it wasn't them, then Shiori would herself. She's already proven that she doesn't mind telling others I'm related to her and Ken.

That's why I caved into my curiosity and pulled down my hood. I turned towards Shiori and her friend, greeting them.

"Shiori-nee? Is that you?"

I put on the most surprised voice I could muster. Shiori looked over her shoulder, her eyes hardening coldly.

"Oh, it's you, Yuu-kun. It's been awhile. Hisashiburi."