- Part 8

After club, me and Katsumi met up with Nora and Yukina in E Class as planned. Things were still awkward between me and Yukina, so I opted to help Nora research cards for his new deck.

This left Katsumi and Yukina to practice against each other, and continue their fight that had abruptly ended today. In the end, both girls got a win against each other. Katsumi the first time, Yukina the second time.

As me and Nora decided on a new deck build for him surrounding Hengist, one glaring issue popped up. Where were we going to get the cards to upgrade our decks?

Of course, I didn't think much of it at first because I was going to buy them online or at our local card shop, but the more I thought about it, the more I realised both of these methods were unreliable.

Firstly, there was the cost to consider. We had a tight budget to work with, and some of the cards we needed were quite expensive. As a result, we wouldn't be able to buy all the cards that everyone needed. We would have to either have to skip on some cards or use a budget option, which would weaken our decks.

Secondly, there was availability. It was unlikely our locals would carry cards from older sets, and good promos were expensive and hard to come by. This one was a lesser issue, because availability wasn't an issue online.

Thirdly, and most importantly, time wasn't on our side.

Basically, almost all my issues with locals could be solved if I just buy off the internet, because next-day delivery existed. The problem here is that next-day delivery was a premium cost we couldn't afford. If we chose free delivery, there was no guarantee our cards would arrive on time.

Not only that, we needed the cards now to practice our decks with them. We had three days until the war, which means we needed to use all that time to experiment on decks. If we get the cards the day before, we wouldn't be able to do sufficient play testing to decide what works and what wouldn't, so it'll stifle our chances of winning.

In the end, everything came back to our lack of points to spend. That's why we needed a way to get cards without having to spend a single point. Fortunately, I knew just the person for this task.

The collector of E Class and high rarity hoarder, Mitsuba Jun.

When I returned to the dorms after our training session, I went to Mitsuba's room and knocked on his door. About five minutes later, Mitsuba opened it. He was in his pyjamas, and his pants were worn half-haphazardly. It was almost like he had just put them on.

We exchanged blank looks at each other.

"Mitsuba-san, I-"

"No."

He slammed the door shut in my face. Even though I expected this reaction, I couldn't help but sigh. I knocked on the door again.

"Mitsuba-san, hear me out..."

"I don't want anything to do with you, Takanori!"

From the other side of the door, I could hear faint rustling and Mitsuba shouting at me to go away. It seems he didn't trust me anymore either because of the rumour. I wasn't going to give up though.

"I wanted to talk to you. It's important."

"Don't care, don't wanna listen. Get away from my room or else I'm reporting you to Fumio-san for unsolicited harassment!"

Even if he stubbornly denied me, I had the ultimate weapon which he couldn't resist against.

"I was only going to ask you a question..."

"I'm not answering!"

"So... you don't want Yogen-san's phone number?"

I heard the clatter of a chair and the hurried footsteps of Mitsuba as he swung the door wide open. This time, only his boxers were pulled up. His pants fell around his ankles.