- Part 3

It was break time. Yukina gathered Nora, Katsumi and Akihiro for me. We crowded around the back of the class where my desk was.

"Everyone brought their Vanguard decks? I'd like to get a feel for everyone's play-styles."

"I always bring mine to school. I'm more excited to fight some new opponents honestly." Akihiro said.

"Yep, I have it right here." Yukina said.

"I nearly forgot to bring mine this morning... thankfully Takayuki-kun reminded me."

Katsumi playfully stuck her tongue out as she took her deck out of her bag. Her head really is always up in the clouds.

"U-um, question." Nora raised his hand.

"What's up?"

"Where... are we going to train? The classroom... it's a bit crowded, isn't it?"

Since it was break time, and not lunch time, more people loitered around in class. E Class was also smaller than the average classroom due to our standing in the school, so it did feel kind of cramped.

"How about we go to the fight room? It has an outside area not many people use. Me and Masaru go there all the time to play Vanguard." Akihiro suggested.

"Fight room? I've never been there before." Yukina said.

I paid a visit to the fight room yesterday when trying to find a way to contact D Class. Since it was still fresh in my mind, I was somewhat familiar with the place. The only issue was Kai and her friends also hung out at the fight room. By going there, we would potentially reveal to our enemies our current skill level.

However, it might not even matter. Those D Class students already knew about the war before we did, and Akari was still fighting them anyways. They might have found out about quite a lot of information already and reported it back to Zyriot by now.

We didn't have much to lose by playing there anyways. If anything, if we show them how we weak we are now, we could trick them into lowering their guard later.

"It's a great place if you like Vanguard. It's like having a locals at school."

Akihiro was advocating for it quite heavily. He was painting this amazing image of the fight room for the other three. I agreed somewhat, as I didn't expect how relaxed the atmosphere was. It reminded me of the neutral zones at school.

"Yeah, let's head over there. I could go for some fresh air."

With my confirmation, we headed to the fight room. Nora had a similar reaction to me when I first entered. He was being wary of his surroundings and observing carefully. In comparison, Yukina and Katsumi freely looked around and explored the place.

"Mornin', Takanori-san." Akusa-sensei greeted me. "Good to see ya come here again. Ishima-kun too, mornin'!"

"Yo, Riku-sensei."

It wasn't uncommon for people to call Akusa-sensei by her first name. In fact, she seemed to encourage it. It was small things like this that made her more friendly and approachable than other teachers at this school.

While curiously running around, Katsumi ended up stumbling upon the outside entrance. She entered it with a huge smile; Yukina following her. Nora meekly apologised to everyone the two girls ended up bumping into, while me and Akihiro followed suit.

As expected, Kai and her group of D Class friends were playing Vanguard here. Surprisingly, Akari and Kawaguchi were also hanging out with them. I think they were examining Shirogane's deck.