- Part 11

Upon arriving at Nora's house, I parked the bike outside their front door, and took off the helmet, hanging it on the handlebars.

For a Drachma Red house, it looked nice on the outside. I pressed on the doorbell, hearing frantic footsteps come closer. The door opened slightly, revealing Nora peeking through the gap. Once confirming it was me, he opened the door fully.

"W-welcome, Takanori-kun..."

Even in his own home he felt nervous. I raised my hand lightly as a greeting, and stepped inside.

"Thanks for having me."

"I-it's a pleasure! Umm, there's spare slippers on the rack... feel free to use them."

I switched my shoes for slippers, and walked into the living room. The subtle smell of sizzling beef tickled my nose.

"Are you cooking something?"

"A-ah, yeah... I'm making Kou-san's dinner..."

Nora and Katsumi lived together through some deal they made. It was definitely risqué that a boy and a girl were living together, but the school didn't forbid it.

I don't think anything illicit or romantic went on between them, since Nora was the serious type and Katsumi was probably too dense to realise any feelings someone might've had for her. In conclusion, they were a solid pair to live together.

Though, the fact Nora was making Katsumi's dinner made them seem like a married couple... the image of Nora wearing an apron popped into my mind. He would certainly make for a good housewife.

"Umm... you can make yourself at home, I need to check the food..."

Nora hurried off into the kitchen. I followed him, intrigued by what he was making, as it smelled good.

"Where is Katsumi-san anyways?"

"O-oh, she's... taking a shower..."

Nora's voiced trailed off as he explained the reason why Katsumi wasn't present. He seemed flustered as he went over to the stove, which was the source of that umami scent from earlier.

I looked over his shoulder, and frying in the pan was a delicious and juicy Hamburg steak. Nostalgic memories came flying back to me from when I was a child. Mom would make this a lot for me since it was one of my favourites.

"Takanori-kun, you're drooling."

Nora laughed as he wiped the dribble on my chin with his thumb. He immediately panicked and looked away.

"S-Sorry..."

If only he was a girl...

I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand.

"It's fine. I didn't know you could cook. It looks really good."

"I-it's nothing special... just a recipe I found online. Kou-san seemed to like this version of it the most, so I continued to practice making it..."

He added a slice of American cheese on the bubbling steak, and covered the pan with a lid to let it steam.

"You can follow a recipe, but it's still easy to mess up the process."

"Really...? If you just listen to the instructions, it's not that hard..."

Nora was adamant in staying humble. It was my honest opinion though. I learnt through many failed home economic classes that cooking took a fair bit of skill.

I had no culinary skills though, as the most I could make was cup ramen. Cooking also took a lot of time and effort, so to see Nora pour this much care for another person was endearing.