(12)

The rest of the day was the same. Go to class. Get stared at and talked about. Walk in the halls. Get stared at and talked about. Ollie tried to talk to me a few times but I ignored him, not really in the mood to talk.

At the end of the day, about twenty minutes before class was supposed to end, I got called down to the office. As I was getting a pass to go there, people started to whisper.

"It's probably about her fight with Lexie." One girl said.

"She could get suspended." Some kid from the back announced.

"They might make her take off her beanie." One guy suggested.

I tried to ignore their comments and ideas but it's hard when that's the only noise present.

I try to make my way to the office as quick as possible. On my way there, I happen to run into the group.

"Hey, Beanie. Where ya going?" I stop for a moment to talk to them, not wanting to be rude.

"The office." I say, coldly.

"Why?" Ollie asks, worry in his voice.

"No idea. It might be because of the whole incident with Lexie at lunch. Who knows."

"Be careful with what you say. The principal is her dad. He's wrapped around her finger." Cam says this, as if he's speaking from experience.

"Thanks, I'll try." I nod to him in gratitude. I begin to walk off but I feel someone grab my arm. I turn to the culprit and it's Parsons. "What?" I say.

"I'm sorry you got milk poured on your head. It's because I decided to go to your house and initially because I-" I stop him mid sentence, grabbing his hand. I notice his eyes go wide, as do his friends.

It was unexpected; I didn't even know I was gonna do that.

"It's not your fault. I messed with her and fed into her game. You chose to come to my house and to befriend me, and you shouldn't have to feel guilty for that. I'm glad you came to my house." I remove my hand, feeling something but suppressing it. "I'm glad I met all of you. You guys have been the first set of friends I've made in years. For the past seven years, I've only had Elliott as a friend and it's nice to have you guys by my side as well." I say this as genuine as can be, and I mean every word I speak.

We all break into smiles, even Liv, who doesn't show much emotion. As the happiness radiated, I realize I should get to the office so I don't get in more trouble.

"I should get going. See you guys later." I wave to them as I walk to the office. As I enter, I see Mrs. G smile.

"Hey, hun. What do you need?" She smiles that kind smile at me, the first face I saw here at Silver Beach High.

"I was asked to go to the principal's office. I'm not sure what for yet." She nods and walks to the office Mr. Lopez resides in.

"He'll see you now." She says, holding the door open for me. I smile back at her and walk in the room, closing the door behind me. It's not until I'm in the office I notice Lexie smirking at me, her father with an angry face.

"Have a seat, Mrs. Walker." He says this with a stern voice, one I haven't heard since Dad was around. Lexie keeps her eyes on me as I sit, some evil in her eyes. "I heard there was an incident at lunch today with Ms. Lopez." I nod. "Would you care to tell me what happened from your point of view?"

I then tell him everything from my point of view. I left out the insults, just in case Lexie hadn't said anything about it. He didn't seem to believe a word I said, so I assumed Lexie had told him something different.