(23)

As the week went on, the more cold and stressful the days were. I was convinced the heat stopped working again but school wasn't cancelled so I was forced to suffer in the cold while solving for 'x' a thousand times.

"What are your plans for winter break?" Parsons asks me.

In an hour I'm supposed to be going to the doctor for my check-up. Until then, I get to eat and talk with my friends.

"I didn't have any. Just try to stay warm, I guess." I shrug my shoulders and take another bite of my muffin.

"It's not even that cold." He says. For the beginning of the day I've been envious at how he's been able to stay so warm. I feel like I'm inside an igloo without any type of clothing on and he's just merrily eating a sandwich in comfort.

"I can't feel my hands." I hold them out. He notices the slight tremor that follows them and I watch as worry fills his green eyes. He grabs his hands with mine, interlacing our fingers.

"Can you feel that?" He smirks but I can't help but feel happy at the newfound warmth.

"Thanks." I mutter, a blush creeping on my cheeks.

At least blushing warms me up.

Then we definitely need to be around Parsons more.

"Erin?" I look back to the group. They, thankfully, don't see us holding hands but for some reason, I wouldn't mind if they did.

"Yes?"

"Any plans for the break?" Ollie asks. He tone sounds very cheerful and hopeful.

"Not that I'm aware of. Why?"

"Well I'm glad you asked." His slight smile breaks out into a full Cheshire cat grin and I can't help but get slightly worried. "Every year, we all go to Cam's cabin -- ha, that went together -- and spend a couple day's over the break there. We come back the day before Christmas so we can spend it with our families. Do you wanna go?"

"How far away is the cabin?" I ask. If it's too far, Mom would never let just in case if something were to happen again.

"Not too far. About two or three hours depending on traffic." Cam pitches in.

"I'll ask my mom. I'd love to but it's up to her." They nod and begin talking about Mr. Marcus' outfit choice of the day.

I can't help but be distracted from the conversation. I have a thousand things on my mind but not enough mind to contain all these things.

What will the doctor say?

Will Mom let me go?

Is there something going on between me and Parsons?

Will I pass my semester exams?

Isn't Elliott staying with me for winter break?

"You okay?" I pulled out of my thoughts by the feeling of Parson's thumb rubbing against my own. I've never had anyone do this before so to say the gesture was shocking would be an understatement.

I look down to our intertwined fingers and can't help but smile. A sense of happiness fills my stomach immediately.

I've never felt this way before.

"Beanie?" I look into his eyes and am met with that worried look in them again. I give a quick hum in response. "I asked if you were okay."

"Oh, um." I clear my throat quietly and feel myself getting warmer by the second. "Yeah, I'm okay. I just have a lot that's going through the mind right now." I say this with honesty. I don't know when this happened, but I've been able to trust Parsons completely with my thoughts.