(29)

"Hey sleepyhead, it's time to get up." I feel a piece of my hair being moved across my face and I begin to wake up. I push my limbs away from me and do my morning stretch. A small yawn leaves my mouth. I finally open my eyes and a muscular figure stands beside me. 

"What time is it?" I ask, sitting up in the bed. I go to mess with my hair and realize I don't have a beanie on. A few months ago I would have freaked out, but with Parsons, I'm not scared that I'm not wearing one.

"Almost two in the afternoon. I didn't want to wake you so I let you sleep in." A smile is plastered on his face and I can't help but smile back.

"I'll be out there in a minute." He nods and then walks out but I call his name, causing him to turn around. "Thank you, for last night." I say shyly. "I've never had someone other than my mom be there for me after a nightmare. It means a lot to me."

"Anytime, Beanie." He gives me that jaw-dropping smile again just before leaving the room.

I take a few minutes to compose myself, letting my thoughts run their course.

Did I really tell him about Dad?

At least he stayed around. That's a really good sign.

I thought I heard him call me 'baby' last night. I kind of liked how it sounded.

Does this mean I can tell him about what Dad did to me?

Let's put some space between all the stories.

He's such an amazing guy.

He is. He's everything I could want in a guy and more.

But do we deserve him?

I finally get out of bed and change. I put on some leggings and then one of Parson's sweatshirts that he gave me. I also see a pair of his socks laying across his bed so I take advantage of that and put them on. I know, that's a little weird but my feet are cold and my socks have mysteriously disappeared. At least I'm not one of those girls that steals underwear or smells all of their clothing; I just want my feet to be warm.

After changing, brushing my hair and teeth, and trying to look like I didn't cry last night, I finally join the group in the living room.

"Well look who's alive." Liv jokes. Everyone turns toward me, with different expressions all lining their faces. Liv has a playful look, telling me she thinks something spicy went down between me and Parsons. Ollie looks happy to see me. Cam glances between me and Parsons, keeping his pondering thoughts to himself. Parsons looks slightly worried but gives me a smile in reassurance. However, Elliott looks beyond worried. I only sleep in late when I have nightmares or when I get bad news. 

"You hungry?" Cam asks. I nod. "We made some alfredo linguini with garlic bread. You can help yourself." I nod and with my arms folded across my chest, I walk to the kitchen. It takes me a minute, but I find a bowl and get myself a helping.

"Hey, you okay? You look like you cried all night." Elliott says as he enters the kitchen.

"I didn't cry all night. Just some of it." I joke but I quickly see his worry rise.

"Did you have another nightmare?" I don't respond, placing the pasta in the bowl and sitting at the dining table to eat. "Erin! Why didn't you tell me?"

"I would have if I could have moved. I woke up to Parsons shaking me awake and the moment I was conscious of myself being awake, I broke into tears."

Elliott sits down at the table in a chair close to me. "How did he react?"