(16)

The next couple of weeks go by in the blink of an eye. It seemed like it was just yesterday Parsons and I were at the park, holding hands and laughing. But, no. It's been two weeks since then.

The good thing is, Lexie hasn't bothered me anymore. Sure, she gives me the death glare every time she sees me, with or without Parsons, but she hasn't said anything.

So for now, I can say life is going pretty well.

Well, I seemed to have spoke too soon.

"Erin?" As I am about to head out the double doors to the parking lot, a high pitched voice reaches my ears. Immediately, I recognize who it is and sigh before turning to Lexie.

"Yes?" I ask, trying not to sound annoyed. Today she's wearing a more modest outfit. Her black jeans have countless of rips in them above the knee and her red crop top shows a little bit of her stomach, but not as much as I've seen before. She doesn't wear heels or any type of shoes that give her height, so she's just an inch or two taller than me. Her makeup is still flawless and her red lipstick is still eye-catching. Even though I don't like her, I can't deny her beauty.

"I was wondering if you have any plans after school." I listen to the tone of her voice. I don't detect any lies, only sincerity, which makes our encounter more questioning.

"I don't think so. Why?" I keep my words short with a little bit of agitation and annoyance. I could be home right now, eating muffins, but no. I'm having a conversation with the one person I would not want to have one with.

"I was wondering if you wanted to talk, maybe grab a bite to eat?" She gives a slight smile at the end of her question.

I don't respond immediately, taking her words in.

Why would she want to talk to me?

Probably to pour more milk on your head.

I mean, she sounds sincere.

So did Tori.

I haven't really given her a chance yet. She could be different.

Maybe. Or she could be exactly who you think she is.

"Sure." I say. Her smile widens at my response.

"Great! Meet me at Romero's." I nod and watch as she walks out the door. Her hips swing ever so slightly and walks with a bit of pep in her step.

I walk to my car and just as I am about to get in, I hear my name called again. This time, it's a deeper voice.

"Hey, Beanie!" I turn to the voice at the sound of my name and see Parsons jogging to my car. He gets to my car and has a smile on his face. He quickly notices my annoyed demeanor and places a look of curiosity over his face. He stands directly in front of me, the open car door separating us.

"What's wrong?" He asks, placing his arms on the top of the car door. He leans his weight on the car slightly and leans somewhat forward as well. At this point, there are mere inches between us.

"Lexie asked to hang out." His eyes widen completely.

"Lexie? As in the girl who poured milk on your head?" I nod. "Why?" At this point, he hangs on my every word.

"She wanted to talk." I shrug, taking my back pack and putting it in the passenger seat.

"About what?" He watches my moves, putting all his attention on me.

"No idea."

"Are you going?" A bit of concern is laced in his voice, faintly tugging at my heartstrings