(4)

"Talking about me, Beanie?" 

Holy guacamole.

"Erin? Who's that?" I look back down at my phone and realize Elliott is on the line still.

"Hey. I'll call you back later. I love you, ET."

"I love you too, E." I hang up the call and put my phone on the counter, crossing my arms.

"Didn't know I was on your mind that much, sweet cheeks." I roll my eyes. I look at his outfit and realize he's only in sweatpants and socks with worms on it.

Worms? Who wears socks with worms on it?

Apparently jerks do.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer. " He smirks. I watch as he walks to the fridge, his muscles clenching as he opens the door.

"Sorry. Wouldn't want my camera to break." I notice his smirk fall. That causes one to appear on my face.

"Do you take selfies?" This question appears out of nowhere. He turns toward me, eating white string cheese.

"Sometimes, yeah. Why?" I furrow my eyebrows, curious as to why he would ask.

"Then it should already be broken." The smirk reappears as my jaw drops. "Look who has their mouth open now."

I roll my eyes and grab my phone and walk out of the kitchen, gathering my things.

"You good?" I recognize Ollie's voice. Parsons walks out of the kitchen and a series of "oh's" go between the three in the living room.

"I should probably be heading out. I'm not sure what time my mom will be home and I wanna be there when she gets home."

"You sure?" Cam asks. He looks a little sad but I nod, causing him to nod.

"I'll talk to you guys later. It was nice to meet you guys." I waved goodbye to them as I left, except Neil. I just looked at him and then left.

When I got home, Mom wasn't home yet. I went inside and went up to my room. I sat on my bed contemplating on what to do. I eventually decided to go to sleep, considering I didn't have the best day.

I texted Elliott first.

Me: Hey. I don't feel good. I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay?

Elliott: That's okay. Get some rest. I love you, E.

Me: I love you too, ET.

I then put my phone on charge and turned my lights off, falling into a deep sleep.

Flashback

"Daddy! Higher!" Daddy smiles at me, making me smile.

"Okay, Princess. But only one more time, okay?" I nod my head fast and see the ground go away from me as Daddy pulls me higher in the sky. He lets go of the seat and I fly forward, holding onto the chains tight just like Daddy said to. A giggle comes out of my mouth and I hear Daddy laugh too. When I go backwards, back to Daddy, he catches the swing.

I see Mommy come out of the house, smiling at us for a reason I don't know.

"It's time for dinner, you two."

"Okay, hon. We'll be there in a minute." Daddy says that and Mommy nods, going back inside. 

"Time to go in, Princess." I frown.

"But I wanna swing, Daddy." He squats down to my level and looks me in the eyes with his green eyes, which are sometimes blue. Daddy said there was a word for that but I keep forgetting what it was.