(9)

I wake up to the sound of a knock at the door. Shocking, I know considering I sleep through everything. I wait a moment, thinking it's in my dream before another knock is placed upon my door. I notice that no one has decided to open the door so I get up, deciding to see who it is.

I open the door and I am blinded by the light. It takes me a moment to realize who it is.

"Parsons?"

"In the flesh." I see a quick smirk hop onto his lips.

"Come in." My sleepy voice mutters. I open the door and allow him to walk in. I close the door before realizing I don't have my beanie on. I quickly go back into the living room and find it, putting it on and hoping Parsons didn't see anything. 

God, that was close, Erin. You have to be more careful.

I see him standing at the entrance still and looking around. I start to walk into the kitchen and I hear his footsteps following behind.

"So is there something you need?" I hear him talking but my mind gets distracted by a note Mom left:

E & ET,

I went out to run a few errands. I should be back a few hours after lunch. See you then.

Love, Mom

"Beanie?"

Did he just call me 'Beanie'? Is that his nickname for me?

Ooh. He gave you a nickname.

"Huh?" I look up at him and realized I just zoned out everything he just said. "Sorry."

"It's cool. I just stopped by to-"

"Wait. How do you know where I live?" I notice him scratch his neck and smile.

"I ran into your mom at the bakery and asked."

"And she just gave it to you?" He nodded.

Geez, mom. He could've been a serial killer.

"Okay then, what was it you stopped by for?"

"Well I texted you and you never did respond. So I figured I would just ask you in person."

"I haven't checked my phone since yesterday morning. What did you say?" He pulls out his phone and shows me the text.

Would you wanna hang out tomorrow?

"You want me to hang out with you?" He nods in response. "Where at?"

"Well we typically hang out at my place but we could go to the mall or something."

As I open my mouth, Elliott's voice fills the kitchen air.

"She doesn't like going to malls. She hates shopping in public." He walks to my side, with his arms crossed. He looks to me. "Who is this guy?"

"Neil Parsons." His eyes widen and I slightly laugh. He nods and grabs a bottled water from the fridge.

"I'll leave you two alone. I'll be in the living room if you need me, E." I nod and he walks out.

"Who's that?" He sounds kind of jealous but I slide it past.

"Elliott. He's my best friend. I haven't seen him since I've moved." He nods, holding back his true thoughts. "I appreciate the offer, but I'm gonna spend the day with Elliott."

"Okay. If you change your mind, you know where I live." I nod and he walks himself out. Only then do I realize my breathing was irregular and I take a second to find a rhythm. I walk into the living room where Elliott is playing Minecraft on his phone.