(26)

The first night in the cabin was awkward. Parsons and I had some tension between us since our time in the kitchen so sleeping in the same room was a little weird, to say the least. However, we didn't get the chance to test how tense it would be. When I woke up, his bed looked untouched and I hadn't heard him come in the room during the night. A part of me wishes he had slept in the room with me but I rid myself of those thoughts.

"What's on the agenda for today?" It's about two in the afternoon and we're all bored out of our minds. The tension between me and Parsons has not gone away and I think it's making us all uncomfortable.

"We don't have any plans. Any ideas?" Cam shrugs his shoulders as he lays sprawled against the sofa. The TV plays some movie on the Hallmark channel but none of us are actually watching, besides Ollie. He sits crisscross on the floor beside Cam, his eyes glued to the screen. Liv sits in one of the two recliners, playing Flappy Bird on her phone. Elliott occupies the other recliner and is also on his phone. Parsons and I sit on the other couch, having as much distance between us as we can.

"I need to finish my Christmas shopping. Does anyone need to?" Liv gives this as an answer.

"Me too." Cam chimes in.

"I need more ribbon." Ollie says. He eyes stay on the screen, mumbling something afterwards about how "oblivious the characters are" and how they need to "stop acting like children and just kiss already."

Shockingly, Elliott agrees. "Now that I think about it, I have some last minute things I need to get."

I look at Elliott with a questioning look. "You do? I thought you told me you were done shopping?" 

"I forgot about getting your mom a gift." He shifts his eyes as he answers my question. This has always been a tell that Elliott is lying to me. But why would he lie about this?

"I'm done with my shopping." Parsons says. I feel his eyes on me after he is done talking.

"Me too." I admit.

"Then it's settled. Us four will do some shopping and you guys can stay here." Liv says, with a more chipper tone in her voice. I do understand being jolly for the season, but I remember Liv saying how much she loathes holidays, especially Christmas. Something about seeing all these merry people burns her eyes. Her words, not mine.

"Wait-" I go to say something but by the time I am about to, everyone has gathered their things and have begun to leave.

I look to Parsons who has the same look as me: confusion. He just shrugs his shoulders and I laugh slightly.

"Then there were two." He says this in an awkward tone. "What do you want to do?" 

"I'm not sure." I look around the room and realize I haven't finished exploring the cabin. "I'm going to look around the cabin a bit more." I stand up and begin walking around. I find myself walking through the kitchen and enter the dining area. There is a rectangular, wooden table that seats six next to a bay window. The cushions and decorations in the area follow a fall theme and I feel warmed but the usage of reds and oranges. A pair of sliding doors sit next to the table and I look outside. Snow covers the large outdoor patio and I notice a pool looking object sitting on the far side of the porch, probably a hot tub. I follow a small hallway past the dining room and find a laundry room and a small bathroom.

I walk back towards the main area and Parsons has disappeared. I find myself wondering where he went but don't overthink it. I follow the hallway where the rooms are and find the cabin getting warmer. As I found out yesterday, there are four bedrooms. The master bedroom, where Cam and Ollie are staying, has an attached bathroom to it. There is also another bathroom at the very end of the hall, past the rest of the bedrooms that the rest of us are using.