(14)

Erin

After we had called a truce, we were both covered in flour. I had threw the first shot, but Parsons clearly got the most flour on me. My beanie was covered almost completely and my clothes were almost white in color.

He had a good bit of flour on his shirt and a bunch of smears on his face from when I threw it at him, but his pants barely had any flour on them.

We stand in front of each other, looking at how ridiculous we look. Before long, we couldn't keep it in. We both began to laugh. 

I stop laughing when I realize he's touching my face. My eyes widen at first, unaware of what's happening. But I quickly realize he's cleaning my face. The wet cloth gently touches my skin. However, he holds my head with his hand, his fingers touching the side of my neck and his thumb resting on my cheek. He doesn't hold my head firmly, with a gentle touch. 

His hands are soft.

His tongue rests slightly on his bottom lip, telling me he's concentrated. I muffle a chuckle at his antics and I think that snaps him out of his trance. He coughs awkwardly and places the cloth on the counterspace. He begins to turn away, walking a couple of steps, but I stop him by grabbing his hand. He turns his head to me, his green eyes holding curiosity in them.

I release my hand from his when I realize it was getting sweaty.

Nervous, are we?

Oh shut up.

I look behind me, clearing the counterspace before hopping on it. With the cloth in one hand, I gesture for him to come closer. He wedges himself between my legs, shocking me a bit. I quietly gasp at the gesture but quickly recover before he can comment on it. 

I've never had a guy between my legs before.

Well there's a first time for everything.

I slowly reach my hand out to his face. I hold his face the same way he did me, my fingers resting on the side of his neck and my thumb on his cheek. His eyes stare into my mine as I lift the damp cloth to his skin. I fold it over my left thumb, wiping his face as gently as I can. The flour comes off easy yet I take my time with it.

I don't realize his hands rest on my waist until I pulled back ever so slightly, to check if I messed any flour. I lean back in, a small smile on my face due to his action, and wipe off some flour left on his forehead.

"What are you smiling about?" He asks, a smile on his face.

"I could ask you the same thing." My smile remains on my face.

Am I actually happy right now?

I lean back once more, nodding at how clean his face is and set the cloth on the counter. When I turn back to him, his face is much closer to mine. I gasp, causing a smirk to appear on his face.

"Do I make you nervous, Beanie?" I shake my head, scared that if I spoke I would mess up my words. My eyes widen ever so slightly when I notice his face getting closer. As I find myself doing the same, the sound of the front door opening pulls us out of this trance.

"I'm home!" The sound of Mrs. Shannon's voice fills the air and Parsons quickly steps back, releasing his hands from my waist. The warmth leaves and I quickly long for the feeling to return.

I hop of the counter, standing against it. My left arm holds my elbow, my head looking down. We both begin to feel uncomfortable and it's obvious.

"Hey, kids." A smile sits on Mrs. Shannon's face as she walks in with a great number of shopping bags. Parsons is quick to his mom's side, taking the bags from her and putting them on the dining room table.