(22)

The next couple days were a blur. I didn't really talk to anyone but I had some people on my mind. Winter break was approaching but that also meant semester exams were coming up.

The bell rung for fourth period and I gathered my things before heading out the door. 

Since last Thursday, things have seemed off. Lexie hasn't been her usual mean self, Parsons hasn't talked to me much, and Mom has been acting very strange since Uncle Stew came over. Something seems like it is about to happen and I don't know what it was.

"Hey, Beanie!" As I enter the classroom, I immediately lock eyes with Parsons and notice his smile. He gestures for me to come over and as I begin walking towards him, Mr. Marcus calls me to his desk.

"Yes?" I ask. 

"You've improved greatly since you've arrived here, but there still are some things that you need to know before semester exams next week. I've already talked to Camden and he said he would be okay with helping you." He picks up a packet of papers. "This is a packet of everything you need to know. Don't stress about it too much but the semester exam is worth twenty percent of your grade, so keep that in mind."

I take the papers from his hand and nod. "Thank you." I say this before turning away from his desk and walking to the boys just as the tardy bell rings.

Mr. Marcus begins to speak but I ignore him. My eyes are in focus with a pair of green ones and that's the only thing my mind is noticing.

"Hi." He whispers as I sit in the desk next to him. 

"Hey." I say back. I take out a pencil and flip through the packet, looking to see how much I don't know.

I feel a hand on my wrist and I tense. But once my eyes meet his, I calm down slightly.

"Are you okay?" He searches my eyes for something. I can't help but be warmed by his worry.

The room quickly fills back up with noise and I look around, noticing people are working on the classwork for the day.

"Beanie?" I realize I never answered his question and sigh.

"Hey, Erin? My place tonight?" I look at Cam, who obviously didn't know we were in a conversation. He was looking at his phone, his hair over his eyes, typing away.

"Sure. Just send me the address." He nods and continues typing.

I feel a slight tap on my wrist and realize Parsons never let go. He doesn't hold on tightly, but with a gentle touch. I feel his soft finger touch my skin and leave before feeling his touch again.

"Beanie. What's going on with you?" 

A sigh escapes my lips and I close my eyes for a moment before opening them again.

"I'm just getting stressed. Semester exams are next week, I have to go to the doctor in a couple of days, and I'm having these weird feelings that-" I stop myself before I say something I regret. He raises a brow and looks at me questioningly.

"Doctor? For what?" I feel a weight lift off me for a moment. I'm thankful he asked about the doctor and not about my feelings.

But then I realize I just put myself in a bit of a pickle. I can't quite tell him exactly why I'm going to the doctor.

I mean, you could tell him.

And risk having him ditch me and tell the whole school? No thank you. 

If you plan on keeping him in your life, you'll have to tell him one day.

One day. Just not today.