The Believer

“Hey, Mando.” Miggs Mayfeld said, obviously nervous at the fact his original captor was in front of him. I scoff and walk behind Din. “Long time. What, you came here to kill me?”

“All you need to know is I bent a lot of rules to bring you along.” Cara scowled at the man, crossing her large arms.

“Why am I so lucky?”

“Because you're Imperial.”

“Hey, that was a long time ago, all right?”

“You still know your Imperial clearances and protocols, don't you?”

“We need coordinates for Moff Gideon's cruiser.”

“Moff Gideon?” Mayfeld scoffed, “Yeah, forget it. Just take me back to the scrapyard.I'm not doin' that.”

“They have his kid.” I scowl and walk to Mayfeld, grabbing him by his collar. “And you are going to help us. Aren’t you?”

“Oh. Look. It’s still that pretty chick who got exiled from a mandalorian covert. Listen, lady, I’ll help you get him back, under one condition. You let me free afterwards.”

“I don’t think so. But I can see what I can do. Now, where do we need to go, because I know damn well you need an access terminal, and we obviously don’t have one.”

“I believe there's one on Morak.”

“All right. Mayfeld and I will swap out for the drivers in the tunnel.” Cara said, already volunteering herself.

“As much as I'd like to take a road trip with Rebel-dropper here,that's not gonna work.” No one agreed on who was going, and of course, Din got protective of me when I volunteered.

“No way. I’m not letting you go in there. What if something happens to you?”

“D- Mando. I’ll be fine. If you-”

“You're not going alone.”

“I'm coming with you. We already decided you’re going with Mayfeld, and I’m coming with.”

As the men changed into uniforms, I looked around for a spare stormtrooper uniform, since there were only two guards. I found enough , an old officer’s outfit. I tied my hair in a low bun and walked out from behind the truck. Din was no longer in the mandalorian armor, and it looked different. Before he put the helmet on, I quickly pressed my lips to his, and his hands went on my waist. When we finally parted, he smiled and put the helmet on, and we walked to Mayfeld. 

As if matters got worse, I was in the back. I couldn’t hear the men talk, and when pirates came after our truck, DIn went uptop and fought them off. Until we made it to the refinery, I was freaking out. But when I was greeted as an equal among the stormtroopers, I knew my disguise worked well enough. 

“Here they are.”

“They made it.”