The Gunslinger

I was in need of credits. Credits to help fix my ship. To be honest, these bounty hunters are constantly coming after me and the Child, it's getting annoying. Especially since this particular one said my line. "I can bring you in warm, or I can bring you in cold." His ship was blown up immediately.

Now, I landed on Tatooine. A desert planet in the Outer Rim. I landed in a mech shop, and pit droids ran after me. My hatred for droids had me yelling at them, and a lady came out.

"Hey hey hey! Those are my droids!" she yells.

"I'm sorry. I need my ship fixed." I say calmly.

"It sure looks like it. Were you in a shoot out or something"

"Can you fix my ship?"

"Yeah I can. But it's gonna cost you."

"How much?"

She tells me the price, and orders the droids to start working.

"No. No droids."

"That's going to take longer. And more credits. I have to keep them running somehow."

"Whatever. I'm leaving to go find a job. Just work on the ship and I'll get the credits."

•••

I went to a Cantina and had asked for a job. The leader told me that they don't give out bounty jobs anymore and to scram.

"Looking for a job pal?" A man in the corner says.

"Depends on who's asking." I walk over.

"I have a bounty. Fennec Shand." he lays the bounty puck out and I look at the picture.

"She killed a lot major crime syndicates, including the Hutts. Are you out of your mind?"

"No. But with your help, we can do this."

I sigh deeply. This guy is way in over his head.

 "Listen, you can keep the bounty. All of it. I just need into the Guild. " he begs.

All the bounty? Then yes I'm in. With Fennec, she'd come with a big price, and I need money. So I agreed. 

•••

We got to the repair shop, and I explained the job to the woman, after having a panic attack of her taking the Child to put him to sleep.

Toro was quite ready to go, with two speeder bikes. As we drove off, he decided to start a little race with me. Amateur. I had to wait for him to catch up.

Tusken Raiders. Just what we need. You see, with something like this, there's bound to be hell along the way. We managed to gain passage, by trading Toro's binoculars. 

Now, there was a bantha. Dragging a body behind it. A body. Carefully, I went down the sand hill to check, and saw the body was dead. Fennec. With that, a blaster shot hit my Beskar, and I took off running to the hill.

When I got to safety, Toro looked at me, "You okay?"

" Yeah, just hit me in the Beskar. "

It took him a minute, "Wait...I'm not wearing Beskar."

" Nope. "

•••

We camped out, waiting for Fennec to move. No luck. I was leaned against my speeder bike, Toro obviously thought I was asleep.

 "I could kill you right now, old man. Get even more credits. The bounty on Mandalorians these days huh. Ooh!" He pointed his blaster at me.

Annoyed, I tilted my head towards him, "You done yet?" With that, he put the blaster down, embarrassed.

 "Uhh, yah, um, uh-huh." He mutters, red at the face.

•••

Our move on Fennec was fast, blinding her scope with temporary flares.

Now was the fun part. We captured her.

The only problem was, transportation. Two bikes, three people. After much arguing, we decided that I went to get the bantha. Yipee. 

•••

Seeing the dead body of Fennec Shand was a plot twist itself. I had to hurry to get back to the repair shop.

Only to find the woman and Child at gun point. Great. Toro told the woman to cuff me, and I showed her the flare. Nodding, I lit it up, taking down Toro. After he. Dropped. My. Child.

Finally, I took his credit pouch and dumped the contents into the woman's hands. And my ship was fixed.

•••

*Hey! I'm using the web version, so I don't get italicized and bolded options , otherwise this would be bold. Sad to say, this book is temporarily over until October. I do have a question for my current readers.

Should I edit the format and make the chapters in order?

Hope you are all safe during this pandemic, wear masks like Mando, and stay healthy!*