Laying Low

We sit in the ship, checking our six every now and then

We sit in the ship, checking our six every now and then. Din and the Child were seen together almost always. The little creature finally gained trust for me, and allowed me to hold him.

Din allowed me to see his face. Sure, it would've been a more happy and rewarding moment if he wasn't bleeding out of the back of his head, and his nose, along with cuts on his face.

"You should let me clean those wounds." I say softly.

"When we land." He hates asking and needing help, much like all Mandalorians.

"Where are we even going?"

"Endor. We need to lie low for a bit. Gideon wouldn't expect really anyone in Endor, besides the few villages widely distanced."

"Isn't the population mainly Ewoks?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Yes, but in the villages there is a variety of races that either lie low, or want a new life." He shrugs.

"Thank you "

"For what?"

"For trusting me enough to show me your face."

"Well, thank you for being trustworthy. This is the Way."

"This is the Way."

•••

The Razor Crest landed on the planet, and shut it down. The village was a little over a mile away. As far as I know, we just got there. I've been asleep with the Child. I glare at the wall.

"What's wrong?" Din asked.

"You never woke me up. You could've gotten some sleep. I know how to fly."

"I trust that. Look, I'll sleep when we find some lodging." We exit the ship, the small Child in my arms. The hike wasn't bad, until I could tell how tired Din was. He would trip over himself, or lean sideways.

•••

The small village greeted us, with many questions. I ignored all of them and asked for lodging right away. We were led there, and settled in. Din was asleep, with his helmet on, already. The Child played with my hair while I made funny faces at him.

Din woke up, about three hours later. The Child and I were playing peek a boo. He would go into a fit of laughter when I appeared from behind my hands.

I looked behind my shoulder and saw Din.

"Hello. How long was I asleep?" He asked, his voice full of tiredness.

"Hmm, three days? Three or four, I'm not sure." I said casually.

"What? Three or four days! Justine! Why didn't you wake me up!?" He stood up really fast.

"I'm kidding. Only three hours." I smile.

"Your going to be the death of me."

•••

Hello! What do you think? Please please please comment right here. I need some tips. I'll still be doing Din's point of view as extras, but after that? Vote comment and share!