The Aid

As I was running down the hall, I started walking, looking around, and heard extra footsteps.

“Justine Ashla Jade Carvana. I thought it was you. Not like you can escape a past like yours anyways, huh?" An imperial taunted, from somewhere. My breathing picked up and I started freaking out. No one knew my whole name. Not even Din. 

"Who the hell are you? And what do you want from me?" I yell, looking around. 

"I was curious about you. Your little story. Ah yes. Mother abandoned you at a young age, father left too. You were left to the streets of Nevarro. Don't act like I don't know your story. Because I do. Trained as a fondling, raised by the mandalorians… only to get exiled from them, huh?"

"Leave me alone!"

"That building… it was going to crush a young girl,  isn't that correct? And you had the notorious assassin Dearansko Tevauni in grip. But you let him go. And he killed many mandalorians that night. Because of you. "

"Enough! It wasn't fully my fault! They should've sent someone out with me to catch him!" I cry out, on the verge of tears. 

"But that's not all. What about… your first lover? Not that you lost your virginity to him, but you loved him. Trevoun Defealski?"

"Stop this! That's enough!"

"But he died at your hands too!" The voice yelled, chuckling maniacally. "And to think… you're probably playing that new man… Djarin is it?"

"Leave me alone!"

I quickly sat up, looking around. Din was in bed next to me, and the baby was kicking. Everything was fine... So why was I getting nightmares?

I laid there, taking a moment to catch my breath. The voice I heard in the halls of Gideon’s star cruiser still haunted me, plaguing me of sleepless nights as I held onto my husband. “Din...Din wake up.”

He carefully opened his eyes, turning onto his side, “Hm? Yeah? What is it?”

“I can’t sleep.” I whisper, studying his eyes. 

“Is it those same nightmares again? The man who got you exiled is dead- Justine… you’re safe here…”

I hummed, “Din...how far along am I?”

“Uh...shit...thirty six weeks?”

“Something like that…”

Din’s P.O.V

Why the hell was she asking how far along she was? It scared the crap out of me, and I didn’t want her to give birth. Not yet. As I finally coaxed her to sleep, I laid there awake until the sun shone in her face, waking up my beautiful wife. 

I’ve never felt so stressed- no word about Grogu, and our baby could be coming any week. We sat down at the table to eat breakfast, before I received a call from Greef and Cara.

“Mando, we need your help. There’s been a bombing at Pelli Motto’s in Tatooine. Cara and I are waiting aboard a ship to leave.”

“Shit...Greef...I...I’ll be there.” I sighed and ended the transmission, looking at my wife, who was busy eating. “Justine, mi amor, I need to go help Greef. Promise me you won’t give birth while I’m gone?”

Justine looked at me, nodding slowly, “Mhm.”

“Good, Bye.” I quickly kissed her cheek and rushed to get ready. Now- a bombing was an understatement. By the time we got there, most of the city was on fire, probably from a terrorist attack (which I naturally assumed to be the Tuskens) . Cara was walking around, checking on the civilians of the city. I was lucky enough to run into Pelli, who mainly asked about my family life, more than if the town was going to be okay. 

“Yeah, yeah, we’re fine. I’m just counting down the days until the baby comes. And, Marshal Dune has a team scouting out for any Tuskens in the area, and will have security here for a month.”

“Bah, Tatooine is fine. We don’t need security. And don’t feel hesitant to call for me. If I need to watch the little one, I will. Your green guy was a joy to watch. Only… you didn’t really tell me that he was on the ship.”

“I’m sorry about that. Will you be- excuse me.” my comm began to ring and I stepped off to the side. “Hello?”

“Din! How far are you from home!?” Justine yelled.

“A few hours. I’m on Tatooine. Why??”

“It’s time!”