The Vow

Justine's P.O.V

We had set a date not too long ago, but now that it has arrived... I'm starting to feel butterflies in my stomach. Or maybe that is just the tiny pair of feet. But inside my heart, I know I want this. Why wouldn't I? As I sat in front of my mirror, I studied my brown eyes. Hell. I've walked through hell. And this man...he understands all of it. A small smile rose to my lips and I blushed at my thoughts. Wow...I'm sure lucky. I pondered for a moment, just thinking, until my eyes glanced at a piece of paper. Shit... I had never finished my vows. Baby brain is serious, and I have been awful with it. The pen I wrote with traced every letter as I wrote down from my heart. Today was the day I would marry the man I love.

Imperial patrols were ass and I was scared of them ruining our special day. It was going to be very small. I'm pretty sure only a few people? Din promised I wouldn't get overwhelmed with people and them trying to touch my bump. I had enough problems with that when I go to the market place to talk to the very people I know. Cara, Greff, Peli from Tatooine...Fett? "Shit...I'm losing it..." I say out loud.

"Yeah you are." I heard Din's deep voice and I jumped, stuffing the paper into my pocket. "I can tell."

"Damn you Din! You're not supposed to be in here!" I stand up, holding onto the vanity stand.

"Why not?" He walked over and placed his hands on my hips. "I missed you. Can I not see the woman I love with all my heart? My helmet is off...for you."

I chuckled, and the butterflies returned. And damn it- my cheeks were red. "Well, w-w-when you say it like t-t-t-that... you make me feel like the bad guy."

"You are the bad guy." He teased, "You are killing me wearing shorts like that. And hot damn, babe, you look amazing."

"Shut up...I'm in pajamas."

"Ah, still look sexy. Thank God you don't wear a helmet... I would have to kill myself if I didn't get to see your face."

"Now you know how I feel. Get out of here, you horny man! I'm getting ready!" I pull away from his grasp and push him out of the room.

He chuckled and shook his head, and I presumed he left. Which, he ended up doing after five minutes of telling me corny compliments. It was kind of cute. 

The white dress I wore was only to my knees, and was loose. With fabric made of soft silks and laced accents, the dress was beautiful. It had a neckline that was low cut, 3/4 loose sleeves and an open back. I was very thankful to even have this type of clothing. Cara pulled a lot of strings to make this day as magical as it could be. I have so much to thank her for, and as I pulled my hair up into an elegant messy bun.

One day, it will be me, Din, and our baby living together, and not having to worry about anything at all...and maybe even Grogu would be there with us. That sounded amazing.

I finished getting ready and walked out of the room and headed to the hall. We were getting married somewhere small, and hopefully wouldn't attract a lot of attention. This was the day;

And I took the first steps down to my future husband. There he stood, dressed nicely and a warm smile on his face. This was gonna be it. The ties of forever. And that's what I want. I want to be with him for forever and a day. When I stood in front of the love of my life, I looked into his brown eyes and sighed, recalling every memory we had together...

"Do it" comes Mando's voice. The droid and I look at him.

"Do what?" The droid responds.