The Reality

I laid there, taking a moment to catch my breath. The voice I heard in the halls of Gideon's star cruiser still haunted me, plaguing me of sleepless nights as I held onto my husband. "Din...Din wake up."

He carefully opened his eyes, turning onto his side, "Hm? Yeah? What is it?"

"I can't sleep." I whisper, studying his eyes.

"Is it those same nightmares again? The man who got you exiled is dead- Justine... you're safe here..."

I hummed, "Din...how far along am I?"

"Uh...shit...thirty six weeks?"

"Something like that..."

Din's P.O.V

Why the hell was she asking how far along she was? It scared the crap out of me, and I didn't want her to give birth. Not yet. As I finally coaxed her to sleep, I laid there awake until the sun shone in her face, waking up my beautiful wife.

I've never felt so stressed- no word about Grogu, and our baby could be coming any week. We sat down at the table to eat breakfast, before I received a call from Greef and Cara.

"Mando, we need your help. There's been a bombing at Pelli Motto's in Tatooine. Cara and I are waiting aboard a ship to leave."

"Shit...Greef...I...I'll be there." I sighed and ended the transmission, looking at my wife, who was busy eating. "Justine, mi amor, I need to go help Greef. Promise me you won't give birth while I'm gone?"

Justine looked at me, nodding slowly, "Mhm."

"Good, Bye." I quickly kissed her cheek and rushed to get ready. Now- a bombing was an understatement. By the time we got there, most of the city was on fire, probably from a terrorist attack (which I naturally assumed to be the Tuskens) . Cara was walking around, checking on the civilians of the city. I was lucky enough to run into Pelli, who mainly asked about my family life, more than if the town was going to be okay.

"Yeah, yeah, we're fine. I'm just counting down the days until the baby comes. And, Marshal Dune has a team scouting out for any Tuskens in the area, and will have security here for a month."

"Bah, Tatooine is fine. We don't need security. And don't feel hesitant to call for me. If I need to watch the little one, I will. Your green guy was a joy to watch. Only... you didn't really tell me that he was on the ship."

"I'm sorry about that. Will you be- excuse me." my comm began to ring and I stepped off to the side. "Hello?"

"Din! How far are you from home!?" Justine yelled.

"A few hours. I'm on Tatooine. Why??"

"It's time!"

Justine's P.O.V

"Din... Din wake up." I sit up, looking down at him. Mere hours ago, that Jedi had came and took Grogu away. Din was talking in his sleep, something about it being time? I didn't understand that part. He was mumbling about vows, and being nervous.

After gently shaking him, he opened his eyes, his hand going to my torso. "Justine- are you okay? Wait..."

Din's P.O.V.

It was all a dream. Justine being pregnant... us getting married. How long was that dream? Did I really dream everything? I looked around for Grogu...

But that part wasn't a dream.

He really was gone.

"Sorry...mmm... I had a dream." I mumbled.

"Well, I can tell. You talked a lot in your sleep. Are you okay? What was the dream about?" Justine looked at me, her beautiful features studying me. I must be a wreck.

I hesitated. "It was um... we were together together. Married. We were about to have a kid."

She froze, "A kid? I wonder if you were in some sort of denial from Grogu. It'll be alright. I promise. And I'm not gonna leave you. Married, huh?"

"Yeah. We were married. In my dream. Greef Carga and Cara Dune officiated it."

"Maybe... if everything in this life calms down. No more Empire raising hell." She smiled. Her smile was gorgeous. I could look at it all day.

"That sounds good..."

Justine's P.O.V

That was weird, but it was adorable. This hardened Mandalorian just had a dream of having a kid with me...

That really is adorable.

I spent the rest of that night sitting with him and bringing him comfort. He must've been dreaming hard if he was able to get through so much in that dream. Being a mother was never on my mind. I honestly thought I would spend the rest of my life, being a bounty hunter, drunk after missions.

But I did love him.

I was just scared of losing more people. What if he fell out of love with this hardened woman who probably wasn't fit for motherhood?

I tell myself I'm unfit to be a mother because I did horrible things to survive, but deep down I know I could be one.

After... and maybe if we get Grogu back, we can start thinking about moving life forward.

Maybe.

✿❯────「✿」────❮✿

// Hey all! Author here! Sorry for the late update! I didn't know where I was going with this book, and tbh, it wasn't heading in the direction it could've gone!

Did I mess with all of your minds? Mega plot twist?

Please vote and comment! It means a lot to me!