The Droid

I watch as the troopers attempt to shoot a can. They miss every single time. I kick a pebble and it knocks the can over, first try. The troopers are told to stand by, and wait for further information.

Then my hopes rise higher than a Jawas sand crawler. IG-11. The droid walks up to us.

"I am it's nurse droid." The droid says.

"Nurse droid? Well you gotta leave." One trooper says.

"No can do." The droid shoots both troopers. I grin and hop on a bike, following IG-11. We ride into the city, blasting any storm trooper that is stupid enough to try to stop us. I spot where my friends are pinned. On count, IG-11 and I start to shoot at every single storm trooper. Mando comes out and starts to help.

A dark skinned man wearing all black points his blaster at Mando. Stupid shot really, he's wearing all Beskar. Then the man points his blaster at a bomb, and Mando is blown backwards into a wall. I run to him and lift him to the Catina.

We are all regrouped here. A flamethrower makes his way towards us, spraying fire. I throw my body onto Mando's, and I feel his hand hold onto me. I'm prepared for the fire, but it stops. The Child has his hands up, stopping the flame. With a flick of his wrist, he blows up the trooper.

"Go. Take the Child and get him safe." Mando coughs. He grabs a necklace from his pocket. It's the Mandalorian symbol. "When you get to the covert, you show them this. Tell them that it's from Din Djarin, that I rescued the foundling."

"No, not without you." Cara says. I look up at her.

"I'll stay with him. Then I'll catch up to you guys." I hand her the necklace.

"As will I." IG-11 says. Cara, Greef and the Child leave through the sewers. I sit next to Mando and hold his hand.

"Do it" comes Mando's voice. The droid and I look at him.

"Do what?" The droid responds.

"Just get it over with. I'd rather you kill me then some Imp."

"Shut up, your not going to die." I say softly.

"I told you, I am no longer a hunter. I am a nurse droid." The droid says reassuringly.

"IG's are all hunters." Mando's voice becomes shaky.

"Not this one, I've been reprogrammed. I am going to need to remove your helmet if I am to heal you." The droid grabs the edge of the helmet, but before he can lift it, Mando points his blaster at him.

"It is forbidden. No living this has seen my face since I swore the Creed."

"I am not a living thing." With that, the droid lifts the helmet off. I see a wounded face, that seems uncomfortable. I shut my eyes.

"Want me to go?" I ask.

"Never." Mando says.

"This is a bactra spray, it will heal you in a matter of hours. You have suffered damage to your central processing unit." IG-11 says, while spraying his head.

"You mean my brain?" Mando asks worryingly.

"That was a joke. It is meant to put you at ease." The droid walks through the sewer first. I help Mando stand up.

"Call me Din." He says, grabbing his helmet.

"Alright, Din." I smirk. Before I walk away I feel his hand grab my bicep and pull me to him. His lips touch mine gently. Before he backs away, my hands pull him back to me. He deepens the kiss, and I smile. We part and hold hands, walking into the sewers. His helmet is back on.

•••

He is limping. I try to give as much support as I can. We walk and see Cara ahead. As we keep moving everything becomes familiar.

"Where do we go?" Greef asks. Din shakes his head.

"I don't know, I've never been this way." Din looks around.

"I have. This was the way I was brought in. Follow me." I lead down the tunnels until I see a pile of helmets. Mandalorian helmets. Din kneels in front of them, and I hear footsteps. The Head Mandalorian. No, it wasn't the Head in the first place. The Armor maker. I guess her talent made her the leader in a way.

"More will come." She says. I couldn't help but glare. She kicked me to the curb.

"Did any escape?" Din asks.

"I don't know. Some probably did. Come." She goes to her workshop and begins working.

"I remember you, Justine Cavarna." She says.

"Yeah, I remember you too." My expression hardens.

"You broke the rules, but regrettably we told you to leave us. You were one of the best Mandalorians we had. I'm sorry"

"Thank you."

After Din earned his signet, and a jet pack, we walked to the lava boat. Greef and Din try to push the boat into the lava,but struggle greatly. Me and Cara move them aside and push the boat in. Yes, we smirked.

We all hop on the boat, and it floats. Within minutes, the broke down ferry droid wakes up and begins to row. Din checks his radar.

"There's to many troopers. No way we can shoot our way out of here."

"I cannot be captured." IG-11 says. We all turn to him. "I must self destruct. My job is to protect the Child."

"No!" Before we could stop the droid, it walks into the lava, and down to the troopers. I could still hear the ringing of his explosion. When we arrive at the area, all troopers are dead. A heroes sacrifice.

A TIE fighter flies above us. Moff Gideon. The man who was after the Child.

"Baby, do the magic hand thing!" Greef tells the Child. It just waves at him in response. Din holsters his jet pack and flies up. All I can see his the X-Wing trying to get him off. As Din comes down, the fighter explodes.

•••

We walk back to the Razor Crest and Greef stops us.

"You three are all welcome back into the Guild with open arms. Listen, you'll have the pick of the bunch."

"Thanks." Cara says. "I'm gonna stay here for a bit."

"Thank you, Greef. I'll be back for jobs, but I'm pretty sure Mando needs help not getting his ass kicked. " I shake his hand.

As we all part ways, I think back to how Din showed me his face. I grab his hand as we get in the ship. The Child coos behind us, and we leave.

•••

Off at the wreckage, Jawas strip the crashed X-Wing, when the ship gets sliced open. They all scramble back, when Moff Gideon stands before them. In his hand, the legendary Darksaber. He snarls as he shoos the scavengers away.

•••

Hey! So first, Happy New Year's from Colorado! Second, season two won't come till next fall ( :'( ) so I'll add extra chapters, edit and make them more lengthy. If this book goes unpublished, it means I'm done editing and the perfected version will save. Wattpad is weird. Anyways, thank you for reading! Vote comment and share!