The Egg

The Child and myself started walking back to my ship. It's been a day, I'll tell you that. When we approached my ship, Jawas were stealing parts of my ship. Why those little....

I get out my pulse rifle and load it with a special kind of bullet. They disintegrate whatever was shot. I aim at a Jawa and shoot, watching him disintegrate. They all scream and start running towards there huge sand crawler. I shoot a few more.

Putting the gun back on my back, I run after the fortress. Quickly, I jump onto the vehicle, and climb up it. The Jawas see that I'm on the massive crawler, and drive right next to a rock wall. There's not enough time. I quickly jump and lay flat in a little alcove on the crawler.

As the wall passes, I shoot a grappling wire to the top and begin climbing. Jawas pike things at me on the way up, and I manage to grab one by its collar, and throw him overboard. At the top, Jawas surround the perimeter, and I feel a tazer shock me. The last thing I remember, was falling off the crawler, add the impact of the ground.

•••

I sit up with a loud groan. My whole body hurts from the fall. To my right is the Child who looks down at me. After grumbling a few words, we start trekking back to the Ugnaught's.

It's nearly nightfall, and I approach his land. He's working on something on his electrical tower.

"I need your help." I called out to him.

"I figured. Why else would you return?" He simply says. We walk to him tool shack and talk while I fix my gauntlet. Stupid thing....

"This is what caused all the fuss? He's so...little." The Ugnaut said.

"Yeah. The Jawas stole parts of my ship."

He sighs, "Stripped not stolen. The Jawas do not steal."

" Stripped, stolen, makes no difference to me. "

I look over and see the Child eating a frog whole. "Hey! Spit that out!" I shout. He swallows the whole thing.

"I will help you. I have Spoken."

•••

The Blurgg, the Ugnaut rides, pulls a cart that I sit on. It's pouring rain, and dark. You can hardly see ten feet forward. Once day came, we arrived at the Sand Crawler. Apparently, the Ugnaut and the Jawas are good friends.

"Good morning!" He says in Jawa. They all cheer. As we parked, the Ugnaut stopped me, pointing at the weapons. Reluctantly, I set them on the cart.

We sat on a carpet in the circle. So far, it's been hardly any talk that I could fully understand.

"They will trade the parts for the Beskar."

"These are my parts!" I say. They spoke. " They...They...belong to me! "

"You speak terrible Jawa, you sound like Wookie." One says.

"You understand this!?" I shoot my flame thrower at them. The Ugnaut stops me.

"I'm sorry, he cannot trade the Beskar. He is Mandalorian." One implies on trading the Child.

"Get away from it!" I yell as one touches the Child. They shriek and run away.

"The Egg! The Egg!" One says.

"The Egg?" I question.

•••

I stand at the mouth of the cave, the Child right behind me. My gun is loaded and I head straight in. Of course, there's a huge Mudhorn that rams me straight out of the cave. It charges after me, and I go flying again.

Every move I make, it hurts me worse, until I stand, pointing a dagger at it. When it's inches from me, I look up and it's floating. I can assure you, I'm not on Deathsticks. The Child has its hand raised, doing something to the Mudhorn. When it drops, I stab it and grab the egg.

•••

"I've got it, I got the egg." I say to them. They eat sloppy before handing back my parts.

The Ugnaught and I fix the ship that night, and say our goodbyes the next morning. He is someone I'd pay back later.

For now, I'm saving the Child.

•••

I apologize for this untimely update! Please forgive me! Vote, comment and share!