The Dream

“My Child, you are so strong. Justine, I believe in you.” Said the words of her father, before he left for good. His wife left him so long ago...blinded by greed. 

“There is a threat among us in our Creed. A bounty hunter is among Nevarro, and he’s been picking us off like sitting ducks.” The Blacksmith told her, before sending her out to arrest him.

“How pretty are you under that helmet, Mandalorian?” The bounty hunter whispered softly to her, gripping her arm, “You wouldn’t turn me in, now would you?”

“Let me go, you pathetic excuse for a man.” She hissed. “You don’t know me, and you don’t know what I’m capable of.”

“How are your morals, da’rmanda?-”

“Don’t call me that! I’m loyal to my creed!”

He pressed a button and a bomb went off, making the civilians of Nevarro scream in terror. A small girl, the age of six, was frozen in fear as she stood underneath the imploded building.

The woman let go of the assassin and ran to the girl, pushing her out of the way just in time, as the building collapsed behind them. She helped her up and looked around… but he was gone. How could he be gone?? After helping the people pick up the streets, she returned to the covert, where four mandalorians lay dead. She gasped, looking around. The Blacksmith shook her head and pulled her forward roughly, before removing the helmet. Underneath was the fear stricken face of a young woman who hadn’t shown her face since she was a young girl. 

“I- I didn’t mean to let him go- I promise! There was a girl-”

“Who’s mother testified that her daughter would’ve been safe had you not pushed her out of the way.” 

“The building was going to crush her!”

“Leave this covert. And don’t ever return. Your mark of treason has given bloodshed to our people.”

“No!” I yelled, as the dream whirled in my mind, still as vivid as the day it happened. The sheets of the bed were tangled around my legs and waist, and I was in a cold sweat. Din was still asleep, his breathing was steady and slow. It has been about three months since I told him the great news, so that set me around twenty weeks, give or take. Cara and Greef were more than happy to hear the news. 

I ran my fingers through my hair, my chest heaving as I thought about the day I was exiled. It was for good reason...it had to be. The girl was not safe. The building fell where she was originally standing.

“Justine? Go back to sleep...you need it.” I hear the groggy voice of Din, who was still more asleep than awake. My eyes go to him, and I look at his every feature. The girl...she wasn’t more than six. Yet I got the consequences for saving her life? What happened to the mandalorians' morals? They know nothing of morals. 

“I can’t sleep.” I whisper, taking a deep breath and leaning against the headboard. 

He sat up and turned the lights on, looking at me while his eyes adjusted to the light. “Honey, you need to sleep. I mean, you need to. Please?” Why didn’t he understand? I can’t sleep. 

“Din, I can’t. I have loads of extra weight on me. I can’t even hide it anymore. Can you please just understand that I can’t sleep well or stay asleep?”

“Yes...I can. I do. I understand. I just only want the best for you. And the baby.” His hand went to my large stomach and my breath hitched. “What’s wrong? You know I won’t hurt you.” He looked hurt that I flinched a bit.

“No, I know you won’t. I’m just tired.” I stood up, wearing an outfit Din and I had to fashion ourselves. It was out of one of his shirts for under his armor, and cut so it wasn’t tight around my arms. I saw his eyes glance at my legs for a moment before looking at me.

He stood up too, “Then I’m not sleeping either. The last thing I need is for you to start cleaning up the house or try tracking down Imperial Mercenaries. And don’t even try to argue with me. I know you too well.”

“But Din- you need sleep too. With all this construction on the town after those pirates came and destroyed the town-”

“-I’ll be fine. I just can’t stay asleep.” He kissed my cheek and walked out of the room. 

“Din!” I followed him. How dare he decide to just call the shots. Besides, the Empire has been getting anal suddenly, especially with the sudden capture of Grand Moff Gideon. “Go get some sleep. Please.”

“No. Not  unless you do too. And I mean it. Just because I have a few things to do tomorrow, doesn’t mean I can’t stay awake with you.”

“But I don’t want to be the reason why you don’t get sleep. It was just a silly nightmare. I’ll lay back down.” I sat on the sofa, grabbing his hand and pulling his hand to sit by me. My head fell onto his shoulder and I dozed off…

“No...you don’t understand. I’m lost. I don’t know what to do with my life now.” Justine whispered to Greef Karga, nearly breaking down in tears. 

“Join me. Chasing down people who owe money to rich people and get paid for it? How’s that sound?” He offered, sliding a few fobs over to her.

She looked at them and nodded. “Fine. Fine. I’ll do that.”

I woke up when the sun shone through the windows and groaned, stretching my back. Halfway there, and the baby will be in our arms. If only it was sooner. 

Din and I were all ready for the day, and he was tempted to put his helmet on, but rushed over to me and placed his hands on my waist, allowing my hands to rest on his shoulders. 

“You’re so beautiful, mi amor.” He whispered, smiling down at me. My cheeks got red and I hid my face in his chest, smiling widely and hugging him. Is it safe to say that I love this man with every fiber of my being?

Quick AN : do you all want more chapters like this and their love story including some drama, or just hold off until season 3? Also, watch out for the revised edition of the first few chapters!