The Sin

The Child and I were on the RazorCrest. Our course was set for Navarro. I had my duty, and I need to fulfill it. This...Child...he is worth more than you'd think. Especially since a fallen Empire was after him.

He found the handle of a lever to be entertaining. I took it from him the moment the steel ball touched his mouth. He whined in protest, and I put him back into his carrier.

•••

Not long after, we arrive on Navarro. I set the ship down carefully, and we exited. His pod hovered behind me, following my every step. Several people looked at him, and all I had to do, was keep walking.

Stormtroopers guarded the entrance to my client. They're intimidating, only because they helped govern the Empire. Why the hell are they still around?

We go inside and the client looks up from his desk. Before any of us spoke, a man walks in. Out of instinct, I hold up my blaster, pointing it at him. The troopers pointed their blasters at me.

"We have you surrounded five to one." A trooper says.

"I like those odds." I reply.

The client nods for his troopers to lower their weapons. He walks over to the Child and scans it. The other man takes him away.

"What's going to happen to it?" I ask, concerned.

"I thought it wasn't your mandate to ask questions? Especially of one with your reputation." He pulls a small barrel out, opening it. Inside were stacks of Beskar. "Beskar belongs back into the hands of the Mandalorians."

•••

I took the Beskar back to the Mandalorian covert. The blacksmith was amazed, and so were the other Mandalorians. The Heavy Infantry Mandalorian picked a piece up.

"Forged by an Imperial Smelter. They are the reason why we are in hiding!" He throws the piece back down. We engage in a brawl, him much larger than me. I pull my dagger out, scratching his armor.

The Blacksmith was going to make me new armor. As she worked, I had flashbacks of my parents.

Fire

Explosions

Droids

Screams

Mom and dad were running with me. Without any other option left, dad lowers me into a basement, both telling me that they love me. Together, they closed the basement, and an explosion goes off where they stood.

•••

I walked back to the Cantina were Greef was. He welcomed me, and I sat down.

"How many fobs did you give out?" I asked.

" To everyone! Everyone! And not one did the job except you! " he boasted, "they all hate you. Because you're a legend. Listen, I can get us seats at the Midnight Twi'lek dance." He says.

"I want my next job."

" Always on the move huh? Well, take your pick. " he lays out some fobs. I reach to grab them all. "Others need jobs as well. How about you buy a thing of spice? Once you come out of hyperdrive, you won't remember anything."

I take a fob and leave.

•••

Walking to my ship was a hassle. I got so many stares, that I was thankful to be sitting in my chair in my cockpit. Except one thing.

The Child.

The ball he was playing with was on the dash, left abandoned. I couldn't leave him. They'll kill him, most likely. I get out of my ship and go straight to the client's place.

Setting a bomb and walking in. Easy. Stormtroopers. Easy. Finding the Child. Hard. The place was a maze. Soon, I came across the room he was being held in, scanners and machines hooked up to him. The doctor was above him.

"What did you do!?" I yell , pointing my blaster at the man. He immediately kneels down, whimpering. "What did you do!?"

" I didn't do anything! If it weren't for me, he'd be dead! " he said.

I took the Child.

•••

Once I got outside, Greef spotted me.

"Ah, Mando. Put the Child down." He glared.

"Here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to go to my ship, and you're going to let me." I say.

"You're going to put him down and maybe, we'll let you go to your ship."

I shot first.

Running to a droid cart, I hop in and tell it to move. It obliges and I fire at all the bounty hunters that joined the fight. The cart broke down, and I was surrounded.

Until the Mandalorians came to help.

One helped me get to my ship, and I got on. Only to be met by Greef. He was ranting, so I shot him in the chest where I knew a stack of Beskar was.

The Child and I flew away from the fight, ready to become fugitives. A Mandalorian saluted me, his jetpack roaring. When he goes back down, I mutter, "I got to get one of those."

•••

Heyo! It's me! Thank you for reading! I apologize again for my lack of updates! Anyways, stay safe with this whole virus thing. Love you all! Vote ,comment and share!