Prologue

I wake with a start, my isolated room silent. So silent I can hear the buzz from the light. Greef Carga called me in, and probably has a very good job for me.

I run out of the room, and into the streets. Nevarro is a planet that is mostly lava flats and the bee hive of Guild work. There is one other Mandalorian that I know of that's also in the Guild. If Greef has a special job, he'll turn to him. If he's out on a job, he'll turn to me. The people step away from me as I walk down the street, and into the Catina. I step to Greef and sit.

"Ah, remember our number one Mando? That's your bounty. He went after this fifty year old entity, or something, and kept it." He explains. My idol, a criminal now? A traitor?

"Mhmm, where is he now?" I ponder for a moment, "and what do I need to do?"

"He was last seen and tracked on the planet Sorgan. The fobs are still active, meaning he hasn't left. Razor Crest should be near the town. Oh, and bring him alive if you can, same with the child." I hear his knuckles crack.

"Child? You said fifty." I stand up.

"That's what I thought. Some species age different, I guess. Now hurry, he could leave."

•••

My ship was headed towards Sorgan, and when I look for a landing area, I find his ship. Carefully, I land my much smaller ship. I guess since I'll have dominance over the two of us, I'll take his ship. Mine just doesn't have room.

When I walked outside, it was trees and grass. Ew. I grew up in lava flats and droughts. The town was filled with farmers that look tired and helpless. Not my problem. I walk further when a woman stops me.

"Excuse me, can I help you?" The woman says.

"I'm here for a job, I'll be in and out fast." She looks me over, at my messy blonde hair and rather exhausted demeanor."There's a Mandalorian here if you're looking for one.."

"A Mandalorian? Where at? I have a...message." Hopefully she didn't hear my uncertainty.

"The barn, over there. My name's Omera."

•••

When I walked into the barn, my instincts came in. I heard footsteps and the shuffle of an arm moving. I block his punch and kick him in the ribs. He grabs my leg and pulls it upward, knocking not only my feet, but the air from my lungs.

Then we both hear the click from each other's blasters, pointed at one another.

"Don't move." I say harshly.

"You're the exiled Mandalorian." He eyes a crib, while my eyes look at it too, he grabs my wrists, pushing me to the ground. I groan as he sits on me, pinning me to the wood floor.

"Yes, I am."

•••

Wahooo! One chapter down! I hope you like it! Anyone seen the show? I bawled on season 1 episode 7.