The Siege

“All right, let’s try this again. Okay, did you… Do you have the wire?” Din Djarin turns around in his chair and walks over to the vent I was kneeled at. I shook my head at him.

“This was an awful idea.” I contort, crossing my arms. An alarm began to beep.

“No. Nothing.”

“Hey…Oh.” He cleared his throat. “Okay. Did you get the wire out? The red wire?” He looked through the vent where The Child was in, trying to help with repairs.

“Huh?” The green bean looks over at us, showing us a blue wire.

“No, no, no. No, the red one. Show me the red wire. The red one.”

The child cooed, and took a moment, but finally held up the red colored wire, and I smiled. This was entertaining.

“Yes, good. Now, you’re going to plug that red wire where the blue wire goes in the board. Put the red wire where the blue wire goes in the board, okay? But don’t let them touch.” He was getting a bit annoyed, “You see where you took the blue one off? Yes, now put the red one…”

The Child began to put the blue wire back, and I stifled a giggle, which was put off by Mando.

“No, don’t put the blue one back. Put the red one where the blue one was. And put the blue one where the red one was. But be careful. They’re oppositely charged, so keep them away from each other. Make sure you hold them apart from… No, hold them apart.”

And of course, The Child pushed them together.

“Oh! Uh-uh…” Smoke flew out, making me cough and Mando sigh.

“Oh… Are you okay?” I ask softly. The Child began to cough.

“Well, it was worth a shot.” Mando sighed again. “There’s no way we’re making it to Corvus in this shape. I think we need to visit some friends for repairs. So, how’d you like to go back to Nevarro?”

I smile widely. “Cara and Greef?” In which he nodded.

THE MANDALORIAN

Chapter 12

THE SIEGE

“Looks like someone could use some repairs.” Greef Karga says with a grin as the broke down Razor Crest landed and we walked out.

Mando grunted as he dropped from the ramp, and I hopped off, looking at Cara Dune for a second. “How’s my credit around here?”

“I think something could be arranged. Isn’t that right, Marshal?”

“I’m sure we can work somethin’ out.” Cara smiles, who seemingly was the town’s Marshal.

“I’ll get my best people on it. Hey, fellas! Let’s fix this man’s ship! I want it as good as new.” Greef orders a group of Alien workers. “And you, come here, little one! Has Mando been taking good care of you, huh? Have you been takin’ good care o’ him?” He picked up the Child. “Yeah? Yeah! He said “yeah!” Oh, yeah. (CHUCKLING) Yes. Come on. Yeah. Yeah, look at you.”