The Heiress

“Looks like we made it. Get ready for landing. Dank farrik! The landing array isn’t responding. Without the guidance system, it’ll be a manual re-entry. It might get choppy. Once we’re through the atmosphere, there should be enough fuel to slow down. If we don’t burn to a crisp. Come up here. I need your hands! This lever needs to stay back. Can you do that? Keep it steady. Here we go.” Mando was having a hard time. The Crest wasn’t doing so well, and we didn’t have long before we crashed and became scrap.

“Razor Crest, this is Trask flight control. Please reduce your speed to port protocol.” The landing manager yells into the comm. The Crest was burning up, and we didn’t have much hope in landing.

“I’m trying my best here. Engage reverse thrusters. Brace! Hold on-”

“ Razor Crest, do you copy? You have to reduce speed.”

“ Almost there, almost there.”

“Razor Crest, do you copy? Razor Crest, you’re coming in too fast. You have to re…” The Crest went underwater, and we all struggled for breath.

“Here we go. Nice and easy.” Another manager said as the Crest was lifted from the sea.

“So, how can I help you?” The first man says.

“Can you fix it?” Din was super close to me, stress radiating from his beskar hidden demeanor.

“Fix it? Nah. But I can make it fly.”

“Do what you can.”

“I’ll fuel it up. If it still holds fuel.”

The child glimpsed at an aquatic creature and his stomach growled. “Di- Mando, I think he’s hungry.” I say quietly.

“I know you’re hungry. We’ll get you something to eat. You’re welcome. I was told you could lead me to others of my kind.” Din says to the Frog Lady’s husband, whom they were reunited with, “The inn? Over there?”

The Frog Man croaked in response.

“Thank you.”

“Have a seat over there. What can I get you?” The host said, assumably the owner of the inn.

“Nothing for me. A bowl of chowder for my friend. And if Justine-” I shook my head before Din could finish. “Just the chowder.”

“These seats are scarce, buddy. Everyone seated needs to eat.”

“I can buy something else. Information. Have you seen others that look like me?”

“Others with beskar have been through here.”

“Who can take me to them?

“I know someone who might help.”