The Village

Just my luck, night fell. It's one of those things you dread, so it comes faster. Mando and Cara motion me towards the forest, and I follow. Their plan is to provoke the warlords and bring the fight to the village, attracting the AT-ST.

There were two outside, drinking spotchka. On Cara's count we flush onto them, knocking them out cold. We enter their little hut, where lots of tubs of spotchka are bubbling. Cara whistles and attracts the warlords.

I feel a punch in my gut before I knew what was happening. I grabbed the warlord's upper arm and twisted. Mando helped and hit the guy in the head. Why is the enemy helping me? I see Cara drowning one in the spotchka.

"Cover me!" Mando says, rushing to a pillar. I aim my blaster at the incoming warlords. He placed a timed bomb.

"There's to many!" I shout. It's true, we all agree . Mando and I can only do so much with our ranges weapons, and Cara was pinned

"Cara, I'll cover you!" I motion her over.

She runs through a weak wall, damaged by gunshots. Then the hut explodes. "Did we do it?" She asks.

The bright red eyes of the AT-ST shine through the trees. " I think we did. " I gasp.

"Run."

•••

We run through the barricade, aiming our blasters. I can feel Mando's gaze on me, but I shrug it off. Tonight, we will fight together. After that, fate will take over. Whether we both are dead, or I turn him in.

Funny enough, we both have Beskar armor. I don't know who donated mine, but Mando got his from his client. At this point, I really am having mixed feelings about the Guild. I frowned under my helmet.

They come. They come faster and stronger than we had expected. The AT-ST didn't step into the trap, and our plan was going downhill. Just what we needed with amateur farmer fighters.

Cara handed me Mando's pulse rifle and told me what to do. I ran into the trapped pond, and aimed, shooting the AT-ST. It took a step. Shot again, another step. This time, it shot it's guns at me.
"Come on!" I gasp, shooting through its red eye, and it took the bait and stepped in.

Mando ran to me and placed the bomb. We ducked under the water and emerged when the explosion stopped.
"We did it!" I gasp. He nods.

"Yes we did."

•••

A few weeks later, we sat on the porch. I was leaving with my bounty today. Except I couldn't. I grabbed the cuffs and looked at him. No. He was happy, protecting the Child. Keeping it away from the clutches of the Empire.

After a long a run, I get to my ship and head back to Greef. I already am regretting it. It's not long till fate decides what's it store for me. I'm not sure if I'll like it. I know what's going to happen.

Greef waits for me, but with the head Mandalorian. The Armorer.

"Where are they? Did he not submit?" Greef asks.

" I...I let them free. " I hang my head.

"Then I don't want you working for me right now. Not for a while. Leave."

•••

Heyo! I'm back! don't hate on me! Trust me, this story will be long, and will go on as long as A) the show goes on or B) Mando does in the show. Please comment, share and vote!